The Day Everything Changed

The Following Story Is Fictional The Odds Of It Being Based On Real Life Events Of Real People Is Completely Coincidental.

21st April 2013 - 06:00AM

That day started as any normal day, I woke up at my usual time of 6am. I began my standard routine, wake up, rub my eyes, roll over, check my phone, get out of bed, get dressed, go downstairs. However, this morning was different, I would usually have no messages or missed calls on my phone but today....today I woke up to 16 missed calls and over 30 texts. What did I miss? As I checked them it was made clear. Alice. Scotland. I had to head back. I'd been down at home in England for a few days tending to family issues, if there was an emergancy in Scotland, with my girlfriend or friends up there I had to go and see what I could do.

21st April 2013 - 07:00AM

I'm back on the most familiar journey I've ever taken. The journey from Peterborugh to Edinburgh. I managed, by this point, to get in contact with Alice's family, they told me my worst fear, she was in trouble and I was needed there as soon as I could get there.

21st April 2013 - 10:00AM

My phone rings, as I take it from my pocket I check the caller ID.

'Peter, whats wrong?' I say as I answer the call.

'Sam, whats your current location?' The familiar voice replies

'Just coming across the border now, should be in Edinburgh within the hour'

'I'll meet you there'

The phone line goes dead and the caller hangs up

I sit there for a few minutes, why would he be meeting me? Is whatevers going on that serious?

21st April 2013 - 11:00AM

As the train comes into Edinburgh station and I exit, I'm met by Peter, as I look behind him, I notice 3 big black SUVs parked in a line at the entrance.

'Center vehicle Sam' Peter turns and says to me

'Dude, whats going on?' the look of worry and curiousity on my face

'Not here'

As I enter the center SUV, I hear the sound of sirens, turns out I'm sitting in a emergancy convoy, destination, Stirling hospital

21st April 2013 - 12:30AM