good night

The boys all called it a night as we walked into the dugout. Squints and Bertram sat down on the bench and wiped their foreheads. Beads of sweat were dripping down my neck and forehead too. Connor was talking to Benny and Smalls, they seemed to be having a great time. I started walking out of the dugout, not waiting for Connor because I knew his conversations went too long.
"Addy, wait up!" Connor yelled. Most of the boys followed behind him.
We started walking, the boys were all talking and I was a few steps ahead of them. Someone put their hand on my arm which signaled me to slow down. I was guessing it was Connor, but I turned around to see Benny with his hand on my arm. My face grew red as he let go and ran up closer to me.
"You did good today, and sorry for my rude introduction. I'm just not used to girls playing baseball," he said smiling. Smalls started walking away and we all waved to him. By us all, I mean Benny, Connor, and I. I smiled at Benny.
"Thanks, you're pretty good yourself," I said laughing. He smiled.
"Glad you don't hate me," He looked at me and I looked back at him.
"Why would I hate you, I mean, I guess I understand. I'm a girl, and y'all think girls aren't good enough, but I guess I proved you wrong," I said running ahead. He started chasing me all the way to my house. Once we got there, he put his arm around my shoulder and I laughed. I could feel my face burn as he looked at me and took his arm away. He looked behind him at a house then looked back at me.
"I gotta go, but I'll see you tomorrow, Addy," He smiled and waved, running to his house. "Oh, and come at 8 am, that's when we start." I watched as he stepped inside his house. I turned and saw Connor was still pretty far away. I laughed and ran inside.
"Seems like you and Benny hit it off," Connor said smirking once he got inside.
"Who's Benny?" my dad asked. He was sitting on the couch watching baseball.
"Someone we met today at the sandlot," I said punching Connor. "Along with Bertram, Squints, Smalls, Timmy, Tommy, DeNunez, Ham, and Yeah-Yeah,"
"These are all boys?" My dad asked. I could feel the tension in his voice.
"Yes, dad, but I'm always there, and she won't get hurt. I know she's a fighter and can fend for herself, but I'll be there," Connor said.
"Tony, just leave her alone," said my mom from the kitchen. "She'll be fine. And as Connor said, he'll be there with her." My dad shook his head and turned to the tv. He was watching college baseball. He seemed to like it more than normal baseball, which I love.
"I hope you two made some friends today, anyway, dinner is ready. Go wash your hands and come right back," my mom said putting plates on the table. Connor and I looked at each other and then ran up the stairs and into the bathroom. I got there first and turned on the water. He pushed me out of the way and I grabbed the soap and put it down his back. I ended up washing my hands first and then successfully sitting down at the table. Connor walked down the stairs and sat across the table from me. My dad and mom both sat down at the ends of the table.
"What are the boys' names again?" My mom asked.
"Well there's Benny-" I started saying.
"Benny is Addy's boyfriend even though they just met," Connor said laughing. My face turned bright red and I shook my head.
"He isn't my boyfriend," I said, shoving Connor. He smirked and started eating some of the still warm food on his plate. "Anyway, there's Smalls, Timmy, Tommy, Benny, Squints, Bertram, Yeah-Yeah, DeNunez, Ham, and now Connor and I," I finished smiling. I took my glass of water and most of the ice melted already, I took a big gulp and wiped my mouth.
We finished dinner, short conversations as usual. I ran up the stairs and into my room, boxes were still scattered around the floor. I opened the box labeled "Addison's Summer Pajamas" and grabbed a pair of Nike shorts and a black tank top. I looked out my window and I saw Benny's house right across from mine, his light still on. I checked the time on my phone, it was only 9:17 p.m. I sighed and walked over into Connor's room, not even thinking to knock.
"PRIVACY!" He yelled, I turned around and walked right out of his room. I don't even want to know what he was doing. I closed the door and went downstairs to grab a glass of water. My parents were on the couch, both of them asleep. The tv screen had baseball after game and highlights. I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass out of one of the boxes in the corner, filling it up with water from the sink. I walked back upstairs and turned on my phone seeing I had 2 unread messages.
Hey Addy, it's Benny.
Can I come over?
I stared at my phone in disbelief. Benny did not just ask me if he could come over. I replied with a simple,
sure, just be quiet.
And I made my way downstairs again. I saw through the window by the door his front door opened and I saw him walking across to my house. I unlocked the door and I saw him standing there smiling. He opened his mouth to speak but I put my finger to his lips and grabbed his wrist, pulling him along behind me. I pulled him upstairs into my room and I shut the door behind me so no one would wake up.
"Now can I talk?" He whispered. I nodded. "Sorry for coming over, I was just really bored and you were the closest house to me," he said smiling.
"It's fine, I'm bored too anyway," I replied. He nodded and sat down on my bed, patting the spot next to me signaling I should go over. I walked over and sat down next to him, then put my head back on my bed. He looked at me, his brown eyes sparkled as his face lit up with a smile. He laid down next to me, our head inches from each other. I could hear him slowly breathing, the silence was killing me.
"I want to know more about you Addy," he said turning his head over so he was looking at me.
"Well, my full name is Addison Bree Wilson, I'm from New York, and I have been playing baseball since as long as I can remember," I said smiling. "How about you?" I said, now turning my head to look at him. Our eyes met and he looked back up.
"My name is Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, but I just go by Benny," he smiled to himself, "last summer, i outran a huge dog because I had to get a Babe Ruth signed ball back from him, and I'm 15 years old." He said. For the next few minutes, we just laid there again. My eyes started to shut but I tried to keep them awake. I looked at Benny, and then I shut my eyes.

So I know this chapter is kinda weird because even though they just met they're already like "sleeping together" but I thought it was cute.
Bye💛