In a heartbeat

Michael started dialling Diane 's telephone  number and gave up. 
He could hear his heart pounding on his chest.

No I should not really. It has been days since Mike did not see Diane, or speak to her, it was heavy on him but He wanted to stop looking desperate. Desperate yes desperate he was.

She would usually at least call him, once a week thought Michael , holding the telephone cord-line around his long fingers nervously.

After 5 rings he heard her voice. He made an audible sight of relief, automatically relaxing.

"Diane , what's going on with you, you sound so tired , are you .... are you... unwell?  "

Diana spoke with a low voice. "No Michael ,really I am ok. "

"Are you sure ? I mean ...Can I come over to see you?  I am worried ... and I will bring something to eat don't you bother cooking! "

"Yes please come Michael if you really want to , but really, really you should 'nt worry "

"I need to see you "

" If you insist. "

Diane ! how are you? " Michael entered the living room wearing a white shirt and a tight blue jean! He was looking so handsome,  and free to love ! She wished she could be this free again. He was radiating happiness and his eyes lighten up when he saw her . Michael brought diner as promised, seven large tulips bouquets and a box of delicious luxurious chocolate!

"Here for you.... Diane! you won't get Fat yet this time.  I promise , he said pinching her nose and giggled cheekily! " you are so so tiny! "

Michael sat near Diane , and her heart swamped down. She swallowed her saliva, suddenly in alert. He was ... so kind...

"Diane ".... Michael looked at her pinching his lips.

"Diane"....

"Humm "....

His heart was going to burst out of his chest. "Diane , do you.... do you.... like me the way I do? " you never really said .... 
Michael came closer , teasing her.

"Girl, Girl, Girl, you know How I want you said Michael in a singing voice, giving her the warmest smile. "

The way he was saying "Girl"....   in that tone! it was so sexy......she always thought she could never get enough of it.
She always rewinded the record player on any of his songs at the time he was saying  the magic word , Girl. It was her little secret!

Diana was trembling . Michael felt her shake.

"Kiss me " Michael could not believe his bold  behaviour today , yes he had to be bold to win her, she wouldn't want a shy boy.

Diane 's eyes looked down , trying to avoid his inviting lips.

Look at me in the eyes Diane , do you like me?

"Of course Michael you are my Michey "

"Not that way....  that way..... said Michael taking her right hand softly to bring it to his heart. How could she resist his tenderness? Diane took to herself not to let her feelings emerge.
"I knew ! you wouldn't want me ! " you are so classy! So divine and perfect Diane ! 
Look at my face .... full of spots all over , and my nose !!I am so ugly Diane ..." and not yet as rich as I should!

"You are terrific Mike "  I mean that ! Joked Diane ! Echoing Ain't no mountain high enough!

" You are funky " and one of the highest IQ  if not definitely the highest , I have ever seen. "