Cold Winds

Cold Winds blew into Camelot. Snow covered the castle in a blanket. Icicles hung from every window and doorframe.

The entire castle was silent and still. Everyone stayed indoors as the winds blew snow into the walls of the castle.

When Merlin entered Arthur's room that evening, he found the window unlatched and swinging violently, smashing into the frame and back into the wall.

Merlin rushed to the window and latched it shut. He looked back into the room and sighed. Snow covered every inch of Arthur's room. He meticulously dusted every item on Arthur's desk into a bin, and found himself not even halfway done when Arthur came storming in.

"What the BLOODY hell happened in here Merlin?"

"Some Royal Prat left his window unlatched."

"My bedsheets are soaked Merlin." He whined. "Where do you expect me to sleep?"

"You expect me to sleep on this... this cot." He gestures to Merlin's bed.

"It's not that bad Arthur," Merlin says, sighing. "I didn't even have a bed back home."

He just hums and pulls the sheets back, sliding into his servants bed.

Arthur sneaks in a deep breath of the pillow hoping Merlin didn't notice.

"Merlin." He whines more.

"What?" He says, almost out the door.

"It's colddd." Arthur says pulling the sheets closer to him.

"This side of the castle doesn't have natural hot springs in the walls like your room does." Merlin sighs. "What do you want me to do?"

"Come here." He pulls out his arms, reaching for Merlin.

Merlin laughs. "Arthur."

"Merrrlin!"

"I'm coming. I'm coming." Arthur moves the sheets for Merlin to climb into the small bed.

There was truthfully not enough room for the both of them. So Merlin was half on top of Arthur, with his face nuzzled in the blond boys neck.

"You're a real prat you know." Merlin murmurs.

"And you would make a great king."

"I know I would." Merlin smiles into Arthur's neck. "Wait did you just propose to me?!"

"Maybe."

Short little one shot. (I forgot to say this was inspired by an art comic by Lao Pendragon on tumblr and Insta.)