Eighteen

Beautiful. That's the first word that comes to mind when I see Allura emerge and walk down the aisle, escorted by Romelle. Allura's hair is accented with pink flowers, her curls emphasised as they frame her face. A tiara balances delicately on top of her head, a flowing veil attached. Her dress is long and poufy, different variations of white lace and silk flowing till they reach the ground. She looks stunning and I can't help but smile in awe.

"Wow" I mouth, but no sound leaves my lips. My eyes fixate on hers and she smiles, with confidence. I smile back in return. Is it possible to fall in love all over again?

"You look stunning." I whisper to her when she reaches me, her dress' train trails half way up the aisle.

"So do you." She whispers in return, smiling from ear to ear.

The ceremony goes fast: vows and I do's and suddenly our lips lock and once again it's as enticing as our first kiss.

When we pull away, we are greeted with cheers from everyone gathered to celebrate the occasion. It's a big deal, a royal wedding and few people wish to miss it. I skim my eyes over the cheering congregation before Allura pulls me into another kiss which I turn into a dip kiss accordingly. She smirks, gazing up at me as I scoop her up into my arms, ensuring I don't drop her: precious cargo.

Her dress poofs everywhere, ruffles restricting my view, leading me to crane my neck to see where I'm going. She giggles, holding the ruffles down as best she can with her one hand, keeping her other hand resting lovingly round my shoulders like a scarf.

"Its tradition in Altea, you know?" She smiles.

I shoot her a confused look in return.

"For a bride to be carried out of the place of marriage by her groom." She giggles with a tone that makes me think I should've been told this... Oops.

Her dress is heavy, the silk willing for me to drop her. I can't and don't, obviously.

I carry her back up the aisle, grinning from ear to ear. Allura and I are married, of course we were before, but this time, it's official.

"You, cutie!" She grins as soon as we are away from the crowds. I can tell she is counting my freckles, her eyes skimming across my cheeks in concentration.

"That's you." I reply, kissing her and carrying her to the ballroom.

The ballroom is also decked out in decorations, similar in style to the ones in the marriage venue. The aroma of a large banquet fills my senses.

"Happiest day of my life." Allura beams, snuggling close to my chest, her eyes twinkling in the candle light.

"Place me down?" She asks as the congregation file into the ballroom, all ballgowns and tailcoats. I do as I'm told, placing her down gently, ensuring nothing gets tangled in her many petticoats.

"Now we can dance..." She grins and I bow, she curtsey's and we dance as the violin music fills the ballroom, lively and romantic.

The happiest day of Allura's life, the happiest day of my life too.

"I don't want tonight to ever end." She sighs contently. She seems ecstatic; the entire ballroom is buzzing with joy.

Throughout most of the day, I've smiled and grinned and laughed. I don't want tonight to end either.

"I love your smile." She then adds, her twinkling blue eyes fixated on mine.

"I love everything about you Princess Allura." I reply.