Chapter Two

It was the very end of my 8th grade year, when I moved to a new house in Haltom City. Throughout my middle school years, I had lived in a city called Dallas, but I had hated it there. My mother didn't like the district, so she kept me enrolled in my old middle school when we moved to Dallas. So, all my friends lived about an hour away, and every morning we had to drive an hour just to get me to school. Which is why we decided to move to Haltom, where all my friends and family where. So far, I love it here.

My first week of moving into my new house in Haltom, I made a new friend. He lived two houses down from me, and his name was Colton. I remember the first time I met him. It was in August, at about 3 in the morning, he was walking down the sidewalk, drunk, and he had passed out in the street. His friends were trying to help him up, but he wouldn't wake up, he was so incredibly drunk. He finally woke up, and came to greet us. Me and my mom thought it was so funny, he could hardly walk, more less form a sentence. Nothing he had said made any sense. Somehow, he remembered me, because the next day he had showed up at my house, to talk to me while he was sober, and apologize for being so drunk. We just kind of became best friends from there on.

He was sixteen years old, and had a son that was almost one, named Alijah. He introduced me to his friends Brandon and Josh. Eventually, me and Colton dated, but not for very long, and then he tried to set me up with Brandon, but I didn't want to date him. Instead, I fell in love with Josh.

Josh was gorgeous. At the time he had just turned 19. We were bestfriends, and I never told him that I loved him. I dont know if he even suspected I had feelings for him. But this, this is just the beginning of my new life.