Chapter Four

I woke up early this morning, because I had school, it's been a few weeks since the first day, but I have the school all figured out. I was a 9th grader. I felt so awkward. I hardly talked to anyone, except for Tabby, which I had met in 5th period. We were pretty good friends, but we never really saw eachother unless it was in 5th period or after school, since she only lived a few streets away. She didn't even know I had feelings for Josh. No one did, and I liked it that way. I didn't have to worry about rumors getting started, or people talking about our age difference. Nothing. It was a very nice change.

I introduced Tabby to Colton and Brandon about a week ago, and she was already dating Brandon. He's all she ever talked about.

As I was walking to 5th period, I heard Tabby shout my name.

"AUDREY! WAIT FOR ME!" she yelled from down the hall.

I hated when she did that. It drew attention to me, and that was the last thing I ever wanted. But, I waited for her anyway.

"Hey, Auds." she said, panting.

"Out of breath?

"YES! I practically raced down the hallway to get your attention!"

"We do have the same class, you know. We could have just met inside. Would have saved you a lot of breath!" I joked.

"Hey, I run two miles everyday in Athletics! I think I did pretty good just now!

We walked into class and sat down. That class has too many windows, and it didn't help that it was cold outside. The class was always freezing!

"Did we have homework?" Tabitha whispers to me.

"No ma'am!"

"Thank God! Me and Brandon went out last night, I was hardly home at all yesterday!" she said.

"Yeah, I noticed! You usually come by after school."

Thirty minutes passed, and the bell rang to go to next period.

The day went by pretty fast, and before I knew it, I was back at home. I love when the school days go by fast. I always feel like I can accomplish so much.