IV

Chapter 4

After I unpack the little clothes I have I walk downstairs. Wondering around the rooms I find Harry.

"Hey um can we talk?" I ask.

"Of course." He nods and leads me over to the dining table. "What is it?"

I scoot around in my chair looking for a comfortable position. Once I notice I haven't asked him yet I awkwardly cough.

"Uhm, is memory loss common after someone wakes up from a coma?" I blandly ask.

"Yes, have you lost any memories? You seemed to have known your facts-"

"Not the memories of myself. I can't seem to remember any of my friends and some of my family. I assume I had a family and a few friends but now I just draw a blank."

"Well sometimes when you're unconscious for a long time, you can start to lose sections of memories. You may or may not get those back, it varies."

"I-I have a friend. A best friend actually, I think. Sometimes I get a feeling that someone's missing. It could just be my parents."
Now that I think about it, it probably is my parents. Hopefully I will regain my memories and know for sure. But if I did have a best friend, why wouldn't he or she be here for me?

"Im sorry but there is nothing I can do." He stammers.

After Harry told me no one tried to come in contact with me, it made me sad. No one cared enough to check on how I was doing. I had to have at least one friend, or even a family member. No one coming to check on me seems a little too odd.

"Oh okay. Well sorry for wasting your time." I whisper, standing back up.

"Wait." Harry stands also but steps over to me. "You know I'm here for you right? We do live together now."

I chuckle, "thanks Harry." I kiss his cheek before leaving the room.

-

"Dinner!" Harry yells up at me. Excitedly, I descend the stairs at lightning speed.

"Do I smell pizza?" I ask with a silly grin on my face.

"Yeah." He giggles as he opens the pizza box.

I instantly grab for a slice of cheese and bite into the unhealthy goodness. Harry does the same and giggles. I stare hesitantly at him, what is he giggling about?

"So I was wondering." Harry swallows. "There's this place I love to go to. And I wanted to take you to it. If you want to, that is."

I nod vigorously, "of course I do."

Harry stands to his feet. "Great let's go."

"But the pizza-"

"Bring it." He devilishly smiles.

I grab the whole box and walk out of the flat. Expectantly, I walk towards Harry's car but he passes it.

"Where is this place?" I ask.

Harry stays silent but continues to walk down the snow covered ground.

After five minutes of exhausting walking, Harry stops. In front of us grows a forest of trees.

The rich browns and greens stalk upward. We begin walking forward into the trees, becoming benighted greatly.

Soon enough I see a array of bulbs wrapped around the tree trunks. A wooden tree house is built up into a large oak. Winter snow sits carefully on top of every surface perfectly.

Harry's hand grips mine as we reach the treehouse.