Voltron: Knights Of Light

I don't think I really matched Zarkon's character in this story so please forgive me.
This was requested by @rozy1234 . Sorry for the long wait but here it is and I hope you enjoy!!
"I want my credit" - my cousin. She helped me with how I would structure this story. So some of the scenes in this were her idea. Thanks again! "I want my name" - my cousin. Her name is Savanna.
"•••" - switching POV

———————————————————————

"Allura!" Everyone shouted. The team poured in, trying to tear Allura from the...what were they? Dead souls. They tried to free her from the dead souls grasps.

But soon others showed up, trying to reach the others as well. Pidge grabbed onto Keith, - who wasn't being taken - trying to stay above. As Pidge's hand slipped through his hand, he yelled. "No!" He started slashing and slashing at the wall of this so called Honerva's mind.

But he couldn't get through, it was no use. So he fell to his knees in despair. Though he would never say it out loud, he didn't know what he would do without them. They were his only family left. And he failed to protect them the way he supposed to, he was the leader and Black Paladin after all.

"I'm sorry." Keith whispered. Just then, a black light appeared in front of him. He got up quickly. He hoped it would be the Paladins, but he was ready for attack if he was wrong. Unfortunately it wasn't them. Who stood in front of Keith was shocking. Zarkon.

"N-no...what are you doing here?" Keith growled. "You're supposed to be dead!" He ran forward, not bothering to let him answer. He just wanted him dead...again. "Where-" He slashed at Zarkon. "Are-" He gave a wide berth. "The other-" He hit downwards - it clanged against the 'wall.' "Paladins?!" Keith charged again, but Zarkon simply hit him aside.

"Stop this foolishness. They're fine...well, mostly. They are busy fighting the other first Paladins of Voltron." Realization spread across Keith's face.

"But...but the other first Paladins weren't evil."

"Indeed. It's a sort of test, but no matter that. We have our own business."

"We were already fighting until you opened that big mouth of yours." Keith growled.

"Oh no. You don't understand. See, I was already evil in my life. So just as the other Paladins are evil now, I am-"

"Good." Keith said hopefully.

"Well no, not exactly. I just have my own tactics for the test."

"Like what?"

"Why don't you take a look for yourself." Zarkon featured sideways as a bright light began to glow. Brighter and brighter it glowed until Keith had to look away.

When he returned his gaze back to the spot, there was a figure standing there. Keith tried to focus, but spots were dancing in front of his eyes. He knew it wasn't Zarkon, this figure was somewhat frail and skinny. Zarkon was bulky and buff.

But then, the figure spoke. When he he did so, Keith froze. He knew that voice. It was so familiar yet he couldn't quite place it. He spoke again, "Hello, my son."

Keith wanted to sob. The person standing before him was someone he hadn't seen in a long time. He couldn't believe it. It was his father.

•••

"Remember who you are!" Allura shouted at Blaytz, the former blue Paladin. "Please! I don't want to fight you." But he couldn't hear her. He was not in control. As they clashed, Allura did not attack, she simply defended herself.