Chapter 6

Jaiden

            It was like an airport or something. An airplane strip, and I was expecting a building. What a stupid thought! An open blue sky was not the only thing that terrified me. The fact that a lush forest surrounding the strip and about 13 dozen walkers limping straight towards me. The closest building in front of me was the airport at the end of the half-a-mile long strip of pavement! So naturally, I ran straight for it.

I misjudged how long the strip was, it felt like 2 miles. I've never seen so many walkers before, it was almost like... I hope it isn't. Imagine if I was in Atlanta! That would be hilarious, these people who brought me here are the utmost idiotic people I've ever met! How the hell did they ever get back to safety after torturing someone for information about something they didn't know?! These people are a family of shit disturbers.

             Thankfully, humans were always faster than the dead. We would be wiped out within the first week of the virus outbreak if that wasn't true. A couple walkers got to close for comfort, that was my ammunition to keep running. My adrenalin was through the roof at this point, if I was bitten or scratched, I wouldn't even know until the unbearable fever would take over. You know that saying my life flashed before my eyes? That for me, right now, was only partially true. A flashback played at the back of my mind, it was small, but I couldn't ignore it.                 

"It's probably a secret society or something just making a ruckus. Don't worry about anything, Jaiden." my mother said warmly seeing the worry in my eyes.

"What if Jamie isn't okay? What if they found him?" I asked with anxiety clinging to my eyes threatening to spill tears.

"We can go get him if that will make you feel better. Nothing is going to happen to him, I swear. We'll all be okay." my father said while walking from overhearing our conversation. "If he's well enough, then yes. But I don't want you guys in danger." I said with another overwhelming wave of worry washing over me.

"We won't be in any danger. We'll be back in a minute. Don't answer the door for anyone and don't pick up the phone unless it has mine or your father's number, okay? See you soon!" my mother rushed to say as my dad playfully pushed her out the door. I could hear her warm and innocent laugh echo through the hallway leading to the kitchen where I was left with the undying feeling that there was something else going on.

Blood was running in my ears at 60 miles an hour, until a rock I didn't see decided to trip me. My knees hit the pavement along with my elbows and half of my face. Blood started soaking through the unbelievable white clothes they replaced from the military jacket I got from my first kill and black leggings from the first day of the apocalypse. My face burned with pain and slowly dripping blood. I never could handle a cut or a scrape before this all happened, now half my body is slowly being drenched the red fluid! I thought I was gonna pass out. I wanted to curl up and die at this point.

I couldn't get up and run out of there, not anymore. I'm tired of running from all the despair and dread. I'm tired of silently crying myself to sleep when the questions filled my mind with misery. I'm tired of the idiotic voice in my head speaking the thoughts that I could never afford to think. I'm tired of these mindless freaks that now roamed the earth with the intention to kill everything that moved. I'm tired of being afraid.

I didn't realize how tired I am,

how broken I've become.

----------------------------------

Authors Note

         Hello, I'm sorry that this chapter is so, so, so short, I just came across the last part, and I thought that this was the perfect ending for the chapter. I'm finishing chapter 7 as we speak, so then I won't have any other pre-written chapters, so there won't be an update every day, maybe every other day. Anyway,

      Happy Reading!

         ~PokemonPasta