Chapter 7

Lina's POV

    I came in and put of consciousness for hours. I would be awake one minute and the next I would be surrounded by all black. I didn't know what was going on. One second I was in Zach's arms just fine then the next I was on the ground surrounded by black. 

    Whenever I would be conscious I would see him. He would be sitting in different parts of my hospital room doing different things. I remember one vaguely. He sat on the chair next to the window an axe in hand. He was sharpening it. Every time we would take a step towards me I would black out again. I don't know what is going on. 

Zach's POV 

   Lina kept waking up. I never moved from her side. It scared me seeing her like this. The doctors have no idea what is wrong. They said that they think when she fell in the woods she hit her head and it is causing this. They said it should fade away. The times in between before she faints is getting longer so she isn't fainting as much. 

    I sat next to her bed looking at her. She was oddly pale. Like I know people who are sick get pale but she looked like a really weird color. I decided not to pay attention. I cried sitting next to her when no one was around. There was no way I could have held it in any longer. She seems to always be getting hurt and I don't know how to stop that. I hate seeing her in here. 

   It should be me in her spot. She shouldn't always be getting hurt like this. It is unfair. I held her hand. She has to pull through this. I don't know where I would be without her. 

Lina's POV

  I was falling again. This was a very familiar moment. Then I landed in that field. The field where my parents were. Ethan stood there. He was older now. He looked about 14. He turned towards me and smiled. I ran towards him. He met me halfway and picked me up then spun me. 

    Ethan was a lot taller than me now. When he sat me down I had to look up at him. I smiled at him and he smiled down at me.

    "Hello Lina!" He said with a huge smile. His voice was deeper now. 

   "Hey Ethan. You are older now." I said. He smiled and nodded.

    "Where is mom and dad?" I asked. He shrugged.

    "They told me to come and see you because they were busy with work." I nodded. That sounded just like my parents. Always busy with work. 

    "So what happened this time?" He asked. I shrugged. 

    "I don't really know. I keep waking up the fainting again, but I really need mom and dad. Can you please go get them?" I asked. He nodded and faded away into a cloud of dust. He came back with mom and dad. They smiled at me. I stood up and ran over to them and hugged them both.

    "What is it sweetheart. We are at work?" Mom said. I backed away and looked around the field. We were surrounded by trees.

   "He is back mom and dad. He found me. The shadow man." I said. Their jaws dropped. Mom and dad told me never to mention him again but I couldn't help it. I need their help. They knew how to keep me safe before. 

    "What do you mean he is back? He should have been dead by now." Dad said. I nodded.

   "He came back a few days ago. Somehow he found a way into my house also. He stood one of my photos. He also is the reason I am in the hospital." I finished off. Mom and dad were looking at each other with worry.

    "Baby girl he won't stop until either you are dead or if he dies." Mom said. I nodded knowing. I know he wont stop. 

   "How do I keep myself safe then?" I asked.  They looked away.

   "We don't know. You need to figure out who he is." Dad said. I nodded and then my vision became blurry.

   "Mom I can't see what is happening?" I said. She sighed. 

   "You are waking up. Know we love you and we will see you soon." Dad said. Before I could say I love you back I was sucked into the black pit. When I opened my eyes I was back in the hospital. There was no shadow man. Just Zach. He sat on a chair with his head on the bed. He was asleep. His hair was all messed up and he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

   "Zach wake up." I said.