Emotions

Chapter 1

"Have you ever wondered why you're still living? Well, I have." My name is Kylie Johnson, my life is run by the government. Are you wondering why? At the age of four I was having trouble with my life, so I sought the government and asked if they would help me. They agreed, on one condition, I sign my life over to them. I agree solemnly. It might seem weird that a four year old sought out the government. I wasn't alone, I had my brother. His name was Gabriel Johnson. He was eighteen when I was four. Later on in life, when I was about nine he died of sickness. Anyways, back to me, the government supported me with a house, money, and everything I needed. They also took things away from me.. they took my emotions.

The government took my emotions by placing an emotion sensor in my left leg, beside that sensor they placed a tracker. Imagine, having no feelings like a robot and having strangers know your every move. It's scary really, but I try not to worry about it as much. It's just an extra amount of stress on my shoulders. Currently I am alone, very lonely here, sitting on the edge of a cliff. Dangerous? Not really, I come here every morning to think. There's not many people left on earth, caused from the government guards killing out any people that "aren't to their needs." Seems crazy that they would do that. I'll see a few strangers moping about, but not many. I always carry around my dagger, just in case.

I sat on the edge of the cliff pondering on whether I was starving. I laugh. Why would I even ask myself, I'm always hungry. I stand up and glance upon the landscape in front of me. Walking over to the abandoned town, I walk into a supermarket and pick out what I want. The money the government gave me really doesn't have any value, because no one goes to work anymore. I think their to scared of the outside world. They stay indoors all day, dreading when the night takes over.