Chapter 3

Black liquid flowed out of it's stomach, I stared in horror as I stood up. I flipped over the body of the Grome, on the back panel it read Property of the Government. Of course, what else was I expecting. When you sign your life over to the government, there's always those obstacles they have to put in there. Wiping off my dagger on the side of my jeans, I make my way out of the super market. The sun blinded my eyes when I looked up. "I hate the sun," I groan. I pick up my backpack, which I always carry, and throw it over my shoulders. I sit down on the sidewalk and watch as the sun goes down. There's not much to do, since the world got corrupted. It was dark. I assumed there would be more Grome around since the government loves to play around.

I walk down the street towards my house. No one dares to mess with me, since I am brave enough to go outside. I walk inside and throw my stuff down onto the floor. When I walk into the kitchen, my eyes trail over the body of a young boy. About the age of nine. He looks at me with frightened eyes. "Hi, where did you come from," I ask the boy. The boy answered, "I-I just... my mom d-died, and I saw this house... so I came in here."

"Who killed her?" I wanted to know if it was a Grome.

"When she stabbed it ... oil came out, and not blood."

I walked over to the boy and told his it's gonna be okay. I can train him to fight. He doesn't know how much of a danger he's in by staying with me.