Chapter 9- Lies of Omission

Harley's POV

I stand here in the clinic, Theo next to me, Scott in front of us. I notice that I'm standing close enough Theo's heat is radiating from him and I can feel it.

I shake my head and focus back on Scott's words. I don't need to be able to read Chemo signals to know how broken and sad he is. I don't even need my training with reading people, I look at him and see what I see when I look in the mirror. One broken human to another.

"My asthma's back. I'm not sure how but it came back, just as bad as it used to be. I keep my inhaler on me all the time, just like I used too.

It's been five days, and we haven't seen any new chimeras, we haven't seen the Dread Doctors. We all go to school pretending like nothings happened, but everyone seems to know. You just walk down the halls and no ones smiling, no ones laughing. You get the feeling that everyone can sense somethings coming, they just don't know what it is or how bad it's gonna be.

Every time I think about what I'm gonna do about it, I find myself reaching for my inhaler. Like I'm gonna take a hit of it and come up with some brilliant solution on how to save everyone. I don't know what to do I don't think anyone does. Maybe that's why no ones really talking to each other, sometimes we don't even notice each other. I think some of us are ok with it, because not talking makes it easier to keep secrets. I don't know if anyone's really lying about things, maybe like Lies of Omission.

Maybe the worst lie is to Stilinski, we haven't told him about Parrish yet. We haven't told Parrish about Parrish yet. He doesn't seem to remember the bodies and he only seems dangerous if you get in his way. If Stilinski knew the truth he would definitely get in his way.

So Lydia and Stiles are trying to find the bodies, which means finding the Nemeton. They're driving around looking all over the woods, but the last time we found this thing three of us almost drowned in ice water."He takes a deep breath after the long speech and continues.

"We're not the only ones searching for Chimeras. Stilinki's got everyone looking for the next target, questioning anyone who's a genetic chimera, anyone who's got two sets of DNA. No one really knows what they're looking for, some still think it's a serial killer, some probably know it's worse. The two Chimeras we know about, Hayden and Corey, are healing faster and getting stronger. They don't need our help. I don't think they want it anyway.

Still haven't heard from Kira. I'm getting more and more worried about Deaton. I know somethings coming, and all I'm thinking about is how good am I gonna be if I can't breathe." Scott sets his inhaler on the table between us.

'What if you can't breathe, because you're so worried you won't be able to breathe.' I think but keep my mouth shut.

"Sounds like you're trying to apologize." Theo mentions.

"You came back looking for an Alpha, I guess I'm sorry that you found me. And Harley you were never meant to be involved in this, I'm sorry you got dragged into it for me."

"I'm not sorry." I tell him.

"Me either."

"You still want to be apart of the pack?" Scott questions surprised.

"Scott I'm with you, for better or worse." Theo replies.

"Trust me there's gonna be worse."

"I'm counting on it."

"I like a challenge." I give Scott a teasing smile to lighten the mood a little.

I can't shake the feeling that Theo might be planning for worse. My gut tells me something's wrong.