TWO

TWO

I stretched as I blinked my eyes open, freezing when my hand hit flesh. Smooth flesh, my mind whizzed through yesterday and while I remembered a dog, a big dog, I remembered that I had never brought a man home. The sudden fear of Matt having found me made fear pound through my heart like a electric shock.

While jumping out of bed, I did note that it wasn't Matt, in fact, he was the complete opposite with jet black hair instead of blonde, dark yet fair skin instead of a tan that showed from working outside. But I still ran for my wardrobe for a bat that my brother had given me back when we'd been teens, because, honestly, what else could I have done on finding a stranger in my bed?

But on spinning around, bat raised, I saw that the man was gone. Looking over to the side of the bed, I saw the dog staring at me with almost a guitly look. I frowned at the dog. “Where did he go?” I whisphered. But the dog only cocked his head while looking guilty at me. “What's wrong?”

The dog stood and moved closer, nosing my leg as though to tell me that everything was okay. I frowned at the bed again. I was sure that I'd woken up with a man laying next to me. Shaking my head, I kept the bat in my hand just in case and moved over to check the time on my phone to see that I'd normally be waking up within the next ten minutes anyhow, not that it mattered, I was too awake even if I had another hour to even try and attempt to sleep.

For those next ten minutes, I walked around my falling apart house to see if the man was hiding anywhere, but all I found was that it was only myself and the dog with all the windows and doors locked. Once I was sure we were alone, I left the dog in the hallway and showered and did my usual routine, grabbing the FOUND posters I'd made, until I was ready to leave for work.

Leaving for work was hard when you had a massive dog blocking the exit to your house. If I had roommates, I was sure that they'd think me insane for trying to verbally persuade a dog to let me leave my own home. “Look, if I don't go to work, I don't get paid, and if I don't get paid, I can't fix this house before it falls apart or pay for any bills. I need to go to work!” I paused. “If you don't move, I'm going to buy you a neon pink collar!”

Like he would have rather swallowed hells fire, the dog moved out of the way very, very slowly with a grumbling growl.

“Good boy, I'll be back around four, okay?” but then I paused, should I leave him in the house or out? As the dog followed me out of the house, I realised that maybe he'd return back to his previous owners during the day. While it was a sad thought, I knew it would be for the best.

Driving to work, the day itself went rather quickly. I used my lunch break to put up the posters that I'd made. But everytime I put one up, I wanted to rip it down and tear it into shreads. The day hadn't been as excieting as yesterday, no teenagers buying a nude calender, or grandma's buying car magasines, although I did have to help out an extremly stressed out mother buy a calender for her son's birthday. That had been pretty fun, although it had kind of hit that I was a single twenty-four year old without any kids and no sight of them or any kind of relationship in the future. Not that I wasn't happy. Okay, life could be better, but this was the hand life had played out for me, so I was going to play it until I was dealt another.