Chapter 7

CHAPTER SEVEN-POOLS OF THE FAMILY

"So what's this all about Smurf wanting to have her kids over for dinner?" Deran asked climbing back onto his surf board.

He and Craig had gone surfing to clear their mind of the mess that's been going on lately. Smurf hadn't bothered with any of them really since the night of Deran's big opening so she had to know something. She had asked them to dress nicely which was something that she never did.

"I don't know...Maybe she found out about the church, I'm sure she watched the news" Craig answered back sitting on his own board.

"Make sure you wear a tie" He said more as a joke than anything else. "Do you think she knows about other things?"

"What do you mean other things?" The waves had picked up which made them drift a little part. Craig had to move back over. He didn't know what he was talking about and honestly didn't have a clue to what he was alluding. "Do you mean about you and Adrian or something?"

"No I already told her about everything but I didn't tell her about him" He paused looking out into the ocean. "Just everything, we're all falling apart man; I don't know what she expects from us"

Seeing a wave approach, both brothers hopped onto their boards in order to catch it. Deran being the more successful surfer did a much better job than Craig. As another one came about, they caught it before meeting back up in the middle of the ocean.

"So what do you think about Jessica being back in the fold? When did she get to boss us around?" It was now Craig's chance to ask a question.

"Well I for one can say I missed her but things do seem a little different...You see those looks that she keeps giving Baz?"

The brunette male had a slight laugh then shook his head in surprise. "What? No I haven't been paying that much attention" He tried thinking back to any moment but there was nothing that crossed his mind. "Maybe they're, you know. Maybe the two of them are fucking behind Smurf's back"

 Maybe the two of them are fucking behind Smurf's back"

Deran nearly did a double take at him. Rolling his eyes he did think about it once before but never said it aloud. If something was going on between them it would change the whole dynamic of the family, not only with Smurf but with the boys also.

"You really think that?"

"How the hell should I know? I'm only saying it because you are having some weird thought in your head. You remember when we were younger and she always followed him around? I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened"

Trying his best to remember, Deran thought it over but couldn't gather that much. "Do you think she would?"

Craig had completely turned his board around to face his younger brother. "What's the big deal? Julia and Baz had a thing so..." He waited for him to answer because he still seemed a little off on the situation. He never picked up on anything. "Oh I see what this is about, you're afraid he'll sweep her off her feet and you won't have a sister anymore"