Chapter 24

~~Sorry for waiting so long to update! I've been working my ass off lately and between that plus school, I've been drained. Fear not, I'm here to bring you a chapter :) Thank you for all who have voted, added my story to their lists as well as the comments. I appreciate it and I wouldn't complain if I got more~~

CHAPTER 24-WOUNDS FOR MONEY

By the time the Cody family got back home, it was nighttime and around nine o'clock. After Smurf tossed the gun into the ocean, they had stuck around for some time until Pope had cleaned up all of the evidence. The whole family was quiet except for a few moments where they would say something small to one another. It had mostly been random thoughts, checking on Jessica and when was it time to go home. The lines were still divided but none of them seemed to care.

After arriving back at the house, the boys had gone in first with J trailing behind them due to his leg once more. Nicky had gone to a friends for the night and Lena was at Crystal's. Baz had stayed back with Jessica who once again needed help getting in and out of the car. Even though her broken arm was the main problem, her ribs were hurting as well. When getting out of the car, she had taken a deep breath and hung onto Baz's arm for support.

He looked for over for a quick moment after shutting the door. "What's hurting?" Baz asked Knowing something else was bothering her beside her arm.

"It's nothing...I just don't know if I want to go back inside" She responded staring towards the garage. The memories were still haunting her as she remembered the incident with Javi. Wincing as she took a step, Jessica wanted to move her arm to the right side but then had to remember that it was broken.

Baz wasn't letting her go and stood in place with her until she was ready to walk. He knew that there was something else wrong but wasn't going to pry until he got her inside. Jessica's arm was badly broken I needed medical attention right away. Luckily for the family, she was a nurse and knew what to do.

After a moment Jessica lightly tugged on his arm in order for him to help her inside. Once they got in everyone was spread out around the house except for Pope and Smurf. The two of them were in the dining area where Smurf just moved the pool table for the time being. Baz helped Jessica lean against the pool table while he went to speak with their mother who was standing in the kitchen.

"Her arm is badly damaged and we need to do something quickly" Baz told Smurf who just stared back at him with a blank expression once again.

"You think I don't know that? I'm waiting for your brothers to get the first aid kit and then we will help her...Jessica is holding it together, don't you think?" She told him then stepped away.

Taking a glance at Pope, Baz moved back over to get her on to the pool table. Jessica followed his movement without any hesitation because she knew what had to happen next. If anyone in the family got injured during a job or even outside of one, she was always there to take care of them. It was weird for the tables to be turned to her, especially at Smurf's home. Putting her arm around his shoulders, Baz slipped his arm around her waist until she winced once his fingertips dug into her side. Jessica took a deep breath and fell faintly forward, it made him grow more suspicious.

"Pope...Come over here and help me" He said in urgency as Pope started making his way from the kitchen island to them. The room was poorly lit as a lot of the lamps were broken and no one turned on the rest of the lights. The eldest hit the switch and walked back over.

"I'm fine Baz...Just give me a second" She said trying to brush off the help, it was a new feeling for her.

Giving him a look to grab her, both brothers agreed to scoop her up. They had grabbed underneath her legs and placed an arm around her back. Lifting her, Jessica had trouble with only one arm but she managed to wiggle on it. She shimmed Baz's jacket off and placed it to the side of her. When she did that, Baz noticed her shirt came up faintly in the corner of her right side. Trailing his eyes down to it, he moved across from her in order to check out this injury. Grabbing the hem of her shirt, Jessica went to squirm away until Baz put his hand on her thigh in order for her to calm down.