Chapter 1: Taylor

*Taylor's POV*

"Are you done yet?" My mom asks. I was sitting in the bathroom, just finishing up my mascara.

"Almost. Give me like, 10 seconds." I tell her, putting away my mascara and fixing my hair before I walk out the bathroom door.

"Go get your shoes on fast honey, or you're going to end up being late." Mom says and I rush down the stairs in a pencil skirt, which is much harder then it looks, by the way. I rush over to the mud room and pull on a pair of tan boots, which aren't very high, and a leather jacket that matches my outfit adorably. I'm wearing a peachy pencil skirt, a white, strapless, tight-fitting top with a zipper up the front and a black stripe on each side of the zipper, and now a black leather jacket.

"Love you!" She calls as I run out the door and I blow her a kiss.

I hop into my cute little slugbug and instantly feel happy. I love this car to death.

I stop at Starbucks on the way, but instead of coffee, I get a hot-chocolate with tons of whipped cream. Because, ya know, whipped cream is amazing. And truthfully, I'm not the hugest fan of coffee.

Don't ask.

I turn on the radio and blast 'As Long As You Love Me' by Justin Bieber. I'm a complete Belieber. No one really knows that though, besides my friends. Speaking of them, my cell phone rang out in a glittery-sounding ringtone.

"Who dares to call Taylor the Great?" I say viciously into the phone.

"It is I, Bella the Mighty! Ok, no more being dumb." She says with a laugh.

"Yeah, anyways, what did ya need?"

"Oh, nothing..."

"If you want to borrow more money, the answers no."

"Oh, come on! But that's not what I need. I need a favor."

"And it isn't money-related?"

"Not this time."

"Then shoot for the stars, darlin'."

"Weirdo. Anyway, I'm having a party tonight. My rents are on some kind of vacation or something, and I got the whole house to myself."

"And how is this getting to the favor part?" I asked.

"Well, you have to help me convince Paige and Nicki to come, cause' Paige is a scaredy-cat and Nicki's too uptight."

"What do I get out of this?"

"Nothing. So you'll help?"

"Eh, why not."

"Good. I have them convinced we're just having a sleepover. Funny that they believe me. They never believe me."

"I know that."

"Ha-ha. Well hurry up, you're going to be late, Miss Perfect." She tells me right as I hear the phone hang up.

I pull into the school parking lot and get out of the car, flipping my hair out of my face. I smile. Everybody loves someone who knows how to smile.

There's a paper on one of the lamp posts. It's a flyer with the face of Melody Brancer printed on it in black and white. The caption is, 'Have YOU Seen Me?'

I look away instantly. I can't handle thinking about that night.

But somehow, it's all I can think about.

It's been months and it's all I can think about.

The night Melody Brancer went missing is burned in my memory. Because she was one of my best friends.