4. TALES OF APOCALYPSE

Gavriel, the leader of Sons of the Condemned—the group of silver-eyed and legendary warriors who attacked the village and set Oona's tavern ablaze, took a step forward and face Lilean's fellow villagers

"Our apologies to have met you in this situation." he said. "Legends are true. We are what you called the Sons of the Condemned." He looked at her sharply, and her entire body went stiff with a mix of excitement and chills in it. Did he just hear her? She hold her dagger tightly but still hiding it.

"Others called us The Takers, or The Misfits. But we call ourselves The Wielders—soldiers of light." he continued.

Collective whispers of people filled the plaza.

"Legends are true, but yours are false and twisted," said Juris, the redhead and the second in command. "For hundreds of years, you humans believe that we, the Wielders are the creators of havoc, the seeds of evil. We are not monsters, or disciples of Nemesis like the ones stated in your books and your texts. We are soldiers from the old world, protectors of the mankind. Your religion is one great story I must say but it won't save you from giving false realities."

"You burned our city!" someone shouted.

"We've known you from the histories, masters of dark power. If your going to kill us all, do it. But we will take down atleast one of you." The liquor dealer, Libba hissed.

"We certainly not saints, but certainly not evil. Killing innocent lives was beyond our aim."

"How can you tell you're not our enemies?" asked the captain. "For hundreds of years even up to these days, we are still suffering because of your matron's twisted brain!"

"We don't need to prove anything," Juris answered sarcastically, like he was ready to engage on a fight and kill but Corrine step forward and hold the iron chain from a wrecked carriage nearby.

And everyone gasped.

"She didn't burn!" One of the villagers said with surprise. Everyone knew that minions of Nemesis were not made with perfection, they always have flaws—the vulnerability in any forms of metal. Thus, the villagers decided to shield the whole village with iron nets as their protection from the night children. But this obsidian beauty, perfectly stunning with her navy tunic and silver eyes, hold the chain just like a strand of her hair, lite and weightless and didn't burn her—just a piece of iron.

She faced the crowd again and said, "We are here today because we need you, people. Mankind is in danger. The portals of Regalia are breaking and we need to seal the monsters inside this world. The Dark Nation is planning for an uprising, wanting an invasion. Everyone of us is facing a great chaos if Emperor Lahz will not be stop."

Located at the southern part of Regalia and surrounded by the rocky red mountains of Eterna, the Dark Nation or the New Empire was erected with five thousand of soldiers, trained to kill and invade villages and cities and lives. Now the emperor, Lahz was rooting for more power, so he invested on recruiting and abducting children in every parts of the world, both boys and girls to be the greatest soldiers of his empire for the upcoming war against Regalia.