Chapter 9: "I ship you guys so hard oh my god."

Chapter 9: "I ship you guys so hard, oh my god."

­­­­­_________________

It's Thursday. School flew by, and the girls obsess over Noah.

It's midnight. We didn't even move. We turned the den into another bedroom so now everyone has their own room. I'm happy I didn't have to move.

I'm standing in my room, naked, rummaging through my closet, trying to find cooler clothes because I can't sleep.

Clunk

I freeze.

Plunk

What the fuck is that?

I pull on underwear and a pair of blue basketball shorts and a sports bra, and I tie my hair into my messy bun and walk into my room.

Clunk!

I look towards the noise.

The window?

I walk over there and rip the curtains aside.

A rock hits the window, and I take a step back, startled.

I open the window.

"Drake? What the fuck?" I ask loudly. He doesn't say anything. "Are you crying?"

He still doesn't say anything.

He's not wearing a shirt, only sweatpants. His hair is damp, probably from a shower, and it's hard to tell from the second story, but it looks like he's crying.

Drake Parker does not cry, especially not in front of people. Trace said something was in his eye that day in the auditorium, and he wasn't crying, and I kind of believe him because he didn't have the crying look.

"Everyone's downstairs, I can't let you in without getting caught."

He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair.

"Stay there." I whisper. I turn around and I lock my door, and then I tie my bed sheets together, pull a white tank top on, and toss the sheets out the window. He looks at me like he's crazy, but he climbs up them and I help him into the room.

He's completely silent as he helps me remake my bed, and then he turns to me, chest heaving.

"Drake," I whisper. "You never cry, what happened?"

"I need a hug." His voice is deep and filled with pain.

He sounds so...unDrake...he sounds weak.

I open my arms, and he walks into them. His grip is so tight, and he buries his head in my hair and inhales deeply.

"Drake," I whisper.

He pulls away and sits down on my bed. I sit with him, facing him.

"Talk to me." I whisper. He bites his lip, and he looks so...weak.

I hesitate, and then I sit in his lap and cross my legs. My back is perfectly straight, and my hair is up, and I don't have a trace of makeup on. The only light in the room is coming from the moon.

Big fat tears roll down his cheeks, and he refuses to look into my eyes.

He looks so hurt, so broken.

My heart shatters, and I realize right now why I laughed and hoped he was lying when he said he would never fall in love.

I'm in love with Drake Parker.

Slowly, I lift both my hands to his cheeks, and I turn his head so he's looking into my eyes. I never take my eyes away from his as I use my thumbs to wipe away his tears. "What happened?" I whisper.