Him

I sit on my bed typing away on my laptop trying to finish this dumb English assignment. It's my senior year of high school and I only have a couple of weeks before graduation. I sigh and look around my room that I'm going to miss greatly. I love my deep purple accent wall with all the fairy lights. The Rock posters scattered throughout the room show my angsty and rebellious time during high school.
"What are we doing for lunch tomorrow," my best friend Ashley says on FaceTime.
"Oh uhm, wanna just get Starbucks?" I ask.
"Yeah that works. By the way Kyle was wondering if you'd be interested in his friend Drew," she casually states.
"Is Drew friends with Kyle?"
"Yeah when I went to prom with Kyle I met Drew, I had a sex dream about him after," Ashley says laughing.
"You had a sex dream about your boyfriends friend?" I say laughing as well.
"I mean yeah it was just a dream...and he's hot!" she says.
"Hm okay send me his Instagram."
After she sends me his handle I stalk him of course. Wow he was hot. He had dark hair with dark eyes and the best smile I had ever seen. He looked mysterious yet friendly and I could definitely see myself hooking up with him.
"Yeah alright tell Kyle I'm interested," I say to Ashley.
"Don't worry I already did!" she responds.
I roll my eyes at her "Of course you did, okay I'll see you tomorrow at school!" I say hanging up. I sigh closing my laptop, way too annoyed at school to keep working. I've been doing a lot better recently since my ex. He really messed me up more than I would ever think was possible. I feel myself finally moving on from what he did to me and being able to find happiness with my friends. He isolated me so much and made me think no one wanted me in their lives. Hooking up with guys is a good distraction and makes me feel hot again without having to get emotionally attached. Why would I? I don't want to get hurt again.
I get up and go downstairs to take my nightly shower. The hot water feels so nice on my skin and I take a long shower to just relax. Once I get out I put my pajamas on and brush my teeth. I'm ready to crawl into bed and watch The Office until it's too late for my own good. As I put on the show I get a follow request from no other than Drew. Okay I can't let him follow me right away, that's too desperate. Let me wait it out until tomorrow. I watch the Office for awhile until my eyes are too heavy to keep open and happily go to sleep.