Chapter Twenty Seven

"If you're not the one for me, Why do I hate the idea of being free? And if I'm not the one for you, You've gotta stop holding me the way you do. Oh honey if I'm not the one for you. Why have we been through what we have been through."

 "Shawn, even if I wanted to tell you information about Damon, I can't

"Shawn, even if I wanted to tell you information about Damon, I can't." Beyonce said to me as we walked into her apartment. We had drove here in separate cars but how I was speeding I beat her to her own home. I only waited outside of her apartment for like 2 minutes but even that was too long.

"Beyonce, what the hell you mean you can't tell me shit about this man. I just told you that bitch text me saying you can't protect me and you don't wanna say shit? Fuck the code and rules you have to follow for work. My life is at stake right now." I wasn't really worried about what Dame had planned for me because I can handle my own, but I just wanna know ahead so that I can beat his ass at his own game.

But Bey wasn't cooperating with me. Instead of wanting to say anything she simply shook her head and took off her jacket and heels. I don't even think she cared where she put her clothes because she just threw them in any direction while heading to the kitchen. I watched her go inside her cabinet and grabbed two wine glasses then went into her fridge to grab her favorite wine; Sutter Home Pink Moscato.

"Are you listening to anything I said?" She looked up at me for a second only to divert her attention back to the wine she was pouring. Letting out an agitated sighed, I walked over to the kitchen and sat down at the table. "Ma, why are you making this shit difficult huh? I'm simply asking you questions and you are ignoring me. I get that your job is on the line but--

She interrupted me "Do you Shawn? Do you really understand how much trouble I can get in if I tell you anything about Damon. Whether I know something or not. I'm already putting myself and my career at risk for not arresting you and having you in jail for murder and being a kingpin. I have saved you more times than I wanted to and now you are demanding me to tell you information about my partner."

"Your partner is a dirty fucking cop."

"And what are you?" Bey challenged.

I frowned and rose from my chair, "The fuck that's suppose to mean?" Bey rolled her eyes and took a sip of her wine. "Nah don't get quiet now. You are always saying some slick shit here and there. I know what the fuck I have done in my life to get where I am at now. Yeah I have sold drugs to the community and in the hood of my city. I ain't go deny it or make excuse for my behavior and lifestyle. But what the fuck you not going to do is try to throw that shit in my face just because you are frustrated that yo boy ain't as pure as you thought he was. Now I'm trying to protect everyone that I love but I can't do that shit if you don't mumble a fucking word to me. Dame is a street nigga. Regardless of his badge or whatever. That nigga is dirty and grimy and will throw anybody under the fucking bus if they are in his way. And that includes you."

I watched Bey's face expression go from being an annoyed one to looking a bit frighten. Well that's what it at least looked like. I wasn't too sure though. She could be playing a role as well. Now that I think about it. Maybe this is apart of their sick ass plan. Maybe Bey has been playing me all along to get me to trust her and when they felt I did they cornered me. Like how did Dame all of a sudden know to text me saying that bullshit. He didn't even know that I knew Beyonce and now he wants to tell me she can't protect me? Nah something ain't right.