Chapter 39

“It's nothing.” I pushed his hands away and scooted to the opposite side, bringing with my hands my hair back in front of my neck.

His glare not only made me feel uncomfortable and nervous, but also felt like he was burning my eyes. I gulped and 'refocused' on the TV.

“Rebecca, what the hell is that bruise on your neck?” he growled, his voice low and deep.

“I told you, it's nothing.” I said, not looking at him.

Suddenly, he grabbed the remote from my hand and threw it against the wall, smashing it to pieces. I jumped on my seat and stared at him shocked, my heart racing and fear creeping up inside me.

“Who the hell did this to you!” he shouted, standing up.

“Harry I—“

“Just answer the damn question, Rebecca!” he snapped, cutting me off.

I swallowed my tears and tried to control my emotions, wich was really hard. I felt the unease rosing in the pit of my stomach as I stared back at his angry eyes wich studied my every move.

“Is that dick back in the pool, isn't it?!” his voice was escalating and he kicked the coffee table with his boot, breaking it down.

I let a small scream and covered my mouth with my hands. I shook my head furiously since what he said was comoletely wrong. Josh didn't do anything to me, something or someone else did.

“No Harry, Josh didn't even touch me.” I managed to say the words clearly.

“Oh yeah? And it was just a coincidence that you were acting so weirdly after you got out of the water?” he scolded at me.

“Harry, Josh hadn't to do anything with this, okay? I promise, he's not the one that did it.” I said with teary eyes.

“Who the fuck dared to lay a finger on you?!” he yelled, grabbing a glass with water and smashing it against the floor.

I flinched and tightened the grip on the blanket. I was really scared at that moment and I couldn't help but think of how ironic this all was, since Harry was the only one that dared to lay a finger on me.

“Harry please—“

“No!” he snapped, going next to the bed like a flash and knocking the lamp on the floor, creating a mess. “I'll fucking kill him!” he shouted, nostrils flaring and jaw set.

“Please stop!” I begged, the tears making my vision blurry.

A loud knock on the door made my body to freeze. I blinked the tears away and glanced at the door before refocusing on Harry that was literally shaking out of anger.

He went to open the door like a flash and I felt really nervous with Harry's reactions. He opened the door and a man–around his thirties–appeared in the doorway, wearing a deep blue tee and grey sweatpants. He gave Harry an annoyed look and gave me a quick glance before refocusing on Harry.

“Excuse me, but you're making too much noise.” he complained.

Harry scoffed. “I don't give a fuck.” he spit.

The man raised his eyebrows in surprise and looked at me again with a weird look. I felt dumb for not being able to respond. The man looked at the floor where broken pieces of glass were lying on and pressed his lips in a firm line.

“I suppose I'll have to go and talk to—“

Harry grabbed his collar and pulled him closer to his face. The man sucked in a breath and I jumped on my feet, throwing the blanket on the couch behind me.