Introduction

The cries of war and echoes from distant injuries in the blissful cold mountains still shook in my ears. Feeling the little warmth from our shrinking fire made me relax though. It was one of my earliest memories. I remember it so well because it was one of the most common things I heard. Sometimes I'm the person making the noises. It's funny how some of the most idiotic fights and arguments can take effect on so many people for so many years. Of course, the people who caused it are much too important to care about the lesser peoples' worthless lives. I bet the people from long ago wouldn't know that hundreds of years later the three kingdoms would still be fighting. Sometimes I just can't handle the chaos anymore, but I mean, the only change I can make in this barbarian world is by hoping I can fight enough and be the strongest warrior to take down the other two kingdoms. Ever since the Aqua Kingdom and the Terra Kingdom have gained advanced long-range weapons, we have been having to be extra cautious. We have great fortresses and hideouts because we can withstand such high altitude, but the ones that fight are lucky if they come back with just a few injuries. Our leader told us that he had a master plan to attack the Terra Kingdom and make it more of an equal match, but most of us think he is just trying to keep us calm. The other kingdoms make fun of us because they think we are cowards and only run away. We are the best at fleeing because of our agility. An average Azure could probably fly straight without stopping for a whole day, and we fly pretty fast, so we can escape a battle extremely quickly. I have heard that the Aqua Kingdom is going to migrate far away in the ocean so they don't have to fight anymore. My mother says that the Terra Kingdom has been polluting the sea they live in so they will lose warriors, but people up here say a lot of things, and you can't trust them to all be true. We all know that Terras are dirty and hardcore fighters. We even have a saying, "Never trust a person with a tail and ears.". I guess the quote assumes that all Terras have a tail and ears. I've never heard of one that didn't though. Nobody knows much about the Aquas because we can't go as far down as them in the ocean. There are rumors though that they are planning something big; something that will make history. Good thing we're up in the sky where they can't get us. Who knows, maybe they will. I can't talk anymore though; our next battle is soon.