Last Kiss

IMPORTANTI will not be taking any requests (than the ones I have already) for a while on this book because I am so far behind on other requests and I'm in school. I will let you guys know when requests start again. Thank you!💕

**

Based off of the song "Last Kiss" by Taylor Swift

*Note: This one will be a little like the very first chapter in this book, except this is years after TDWT

I'm never gonna write a happy Duncney fanfiction~Oh well

This song is extremely sad and I started crying before I could even write two sentences.

**

I still remember
the look on your face
Lit through the darkness
at 1:58

Courtney admired the way the dim lamp light on her nightstand reflected off Duncan's face. He smiled at her and she giggled like a child.

The words that you whispered
For just us to know
You told me you loved me

Duncan gathered her in his arms and tangled her hair in his hands. "I love you," he whispered.

So why did you go away?

"I love you too," she whispered back.

Away...

****

I do recall, now
The smell of the rain
Fresh on the pavement
I ran off the plane

Courtney waited in anticipation as her flight landed. She had been on vacation with her family for a month and was more than excited to see Duncan. It was weird. Courtney never took herself as a clingy girl. It was a month for goodness sakes, but Duncan had made her that way. With all of his calls and texts, he made her long for him.

Once she felt the wheels of the plane hit the ground, she immediately unbuckled stood up to grab her suitcase. She pushed past everyone and ignored her mother and father's calls. She ran down the stairs and through the gate. The first person she saw was him.

That July ninth
The beat of your heart
It jumps through your shirt
I can still feel your arms

"Duncan!" She practically jumped on him.

"Hey Princess," he softly replied, wrapping his arms around her. "Did you really miss me that much?"

She nuzzled her head into his chest and felt his quickening heartbeat. Duncan wasn't usually one to express his feelings in public, so that was the only way she knew he was just as excited to see her as she was him.

****

But now I'll go sit on the floor
Wearing your clothes
All that I know is I don't know
How to be something you miss

Courtney didn't know why she was on the bathroom floor crying her eyes out. It was ridiculous. This happened almost five years ago. She didn't even know where it came from. There was no use in thinking about this anymore. There was no use in thinking about him.

Never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this

But she couldn't stop. They ended in the worst way possible. And she couldn't fathom why, because they used to be so close and now...they were nothing.