Chapter Three: Love At First Encounters

Throughout the entire night, Lila plotted a plan to discard of Marc White until finally, she had come up with a fiendish idea. The next day, she sent a letter to the best-known huntsman. When he replied, they agreed to meet in the palace. Soon, the huntsman arrived. He had red-orange hair, swept to the left side so his bangs covered one of his turquoise eyes. He donned in a red shirt under a flat-sleeved grey vest down to his waist. He also had purple pants, and his boots were gray with white toe-section. On his right hand, there was a black drawing tablet. Once he got to the queen's throne, he bowed in greeting and rise when Lila gave him the consent.

"Hello, your highness, my name is Nathaniel Kurtzberg." The Huntsman introduced himself.

"Thank you for coming," Lila replied. "Now, I have called you to my kingdom because I have a special task for you."

Nathaniel nodded. "What is this task?"

"I want you to kill Marc White," Lila smirked evilly.

Nathaniel was shocked. "What?! I-I can't do that! The most I've killed are lions, tigers, and bears. I had never harmed a human, let alone kill them. Plus, what has Marc White done that makes you want to have him dead..."

"SILENCE!" Lila shouted, causing Nathaniel to shush. "I want you to take Marc White into the woods and make sure he's dead. As proof, I want you to bring back his heart. If you succeed, I will reward you with a generous bag of gold. But if you don't... Well, let's just say, it will be you who will be found dead."

The redhead was hesitant but eventually, nodded. Maybe it won't be so bad, Nathaniel thought. After all, this Marc White must be really terrible if it means the queen wants me to kill him. What if he...

Nathaniel's thoughts were cut off when he felt someone bumped into him. He turned around and saw a young dark-haired boy laying on the ground and rubbing his head. He was staring down so the Huntsman could not see his face. Nathaniel helped the boy up.

"I'm so so sorry," the boy briskly apologized. "I was not looking where I was..."

Once he opened his eyes to reveal jade green ones, they met with Nathaniel's turquoise blue ones. Something fluttered in their hearts as they stared in each others' eyes in silence until Nathaniel broke it by extending his hand towards the boy.

"Hi, I am Nathaniel, Nathaniel Kurtzberg."

The other boy blushed slightly as he delicately placed his hand over Nathaniel's. "My name is Marc White."

Nathaniel's smile vanished and his eyes widened in shock. This was the guy he was supposed to get rid of? Marc White noticed his expression and asked if he was alright. Nathaniel struggled to form the words, so Lila stepped in before the cover could be blown.

"Marc White, I see you've met Nathaniel," she said. "He is your new bodyguard. I had allowed him to take you to the woods."

Marc's face lit up with glee, thinking that his stepmother had a change of heart and was finally showing him some love. As soon as he and Nathaniel left the ballroom, Lila's blank expression to an evil one, knowing that she will no longer have to see Marc White.