FOURTY NINE

taehyung was on the second floor of a two story café, looking out the window while drinking a simple iced vanilla latte. the café overlooked a beautiful lake with a couple lily pads scattered across, and algae making the lake appear green in certain areas.

he had a notebook with him, but no writing utensil because the notebook was filled with poems and notes that were written to and about him. he kept it beside him, closed because he felt that if he opened it, it would feel like he was opening the modern version of Pandora'a Box.

the notebook he had with him was from his ex boyfriend. he sadly passed away due to a car crash that the younger was also in but managed to survive.

he remembers that day so clearly.

...

"you really thought you could beat me you fucking hoe!" taehyung shouted at his boyfriend with the biggest smile plastered on his face. his boyfriend pinched taehyung's cheek before focusing back on the road again, placing his hand on the youngers thigh. "stop rubbing salt into the wound tae baby." the boy chuckled smiling ever so brightly. taehyung loved his smile so much, it felt like the fucking sun was in his eyes every time.

the two sat in silent, taehyung watching the scenery go by in a blur, while his boyfriend rubs his thigh ever so softly. "baek?"

"yes my little prince?" taehyung giggled at his boyfriend's name for him and smiled. "can we go see the puppies? pretty please baekhyun?" taehyung gave him his infamous puppy eyes.

baekhyung sighed and nodded, now, instead of heading towards their shared apartment, they went towards the dog shelter to see the dogs.

they stopped at a red light.

"tae baby?"

"hm?"

"do you think we'll stay together forever? will you ever want to marry me?"

taehyung blinked and smiled brightly. "yes to both of those questions. i really do love you baekhyun, from the beginning of high school to now, i've liked you, and i will never stop. i would really love to spend the rest of my life with you, even if that means dealing with you and your habits." baekhyun looked at taehyung before placing a small peck on his cheek.

"baek the light!" taehyung giggled. baekhyun quickly stepped on the gas.

"shit tae you distracted me."

"did no— BAEK WATCH OUT!"

a car had lost control and went to their side of the lane, crashing into them head on, causing their car to flip over top of the other and roll on its side. all taehyung could hear were cars beeping and people yelling, asking if they were okay before looking to his side, seeing his boyfriend passed out with blood dripping down his boyfriend's head. he let out a small whimper, trying to call out his boyfriend's name.

"b-baek..."

the car suddenly lit on fire, causing taehyung to wiggle around even more, trying to get out of the car. "h-help! someone!"

taehyung heard the roof of the car being removed, so he looked up and saw people standing there. immediately he started screaming for help, help for baekhyun because clearly he was in critical condition.

they were both pulled out and each put onto a stretcher and into the ambulance. taehyung continued screaming for his boyfriend.

"b-baekhyun... p-please! tell me h-how he is!"

the lady in the back with taehyung was putting gauzes on his wounds to stop the bleeding and the other person with them hooked him up to get a cardiac reading and put an IV in his arm for fluids.

"sweetie i need you to calm down." the lady finished patching him up and continued to try and calm down taehyung.

the ambulance arrived to the hospital and taehyung was immediately taken down and rushed to the ER with doctors and nurses by his side. the woman with him was telling the doctor what had happened and what wounds he had. he looked to the side only to see baekhyun behind doors that had suddenly opened.

"baekhyun!" taehyung screamed. tears were rolling down his cheeks as he was brought to a room to get stitches.

he started moving around, trying to go to his boyfriend. "b-baek! let me go to him!" the nurses held him down, trying to get him to calm down.

"sweetie, calm down please. your boyfriend will be alright." taehyung shook his head, thrashing around to get out of their grip. "please! let me go!" the doctor came in and switched the IV bags to sedate the younger, but only a bit so he would calm down.

he slowly started calming down, letting the doctors do what they had to do.

~

after a while, they took taehyung out and moved him to a room. on his way there, he saw his boyfriend laying down, getting a white sheet pulled over him. the heart monitor was flat and the doctors obviously looked exhausted. they did everything they could to revive baekhyun but ended up failing.

the younger looked at the ceiling of his room that he was in now and just stared at it. his boyfriend was dead.

he wasn't alive.

he wouldn't be able to hold him, to hug him, to kiss him. everything he loved, his whole world was gone in a flash. all because someone lost control of their damn car and crashed into them.

"b-baek..."

...

taehyung wiped the few stray tears that had managed to slip from the corners of his eyes. he slowly opened the notebook and started reading it.

To My Love,
Hey Tae baby! it's your daddy baek. lol. ew did i just write out lol? i am disgusted. oof.
i don't know what to write obviously... so let me think.
um...
kim taehyung, you are literally my ball of fluff that i love to hug and wake up to everyday. i love seeing your unique box smile that no other has. i love watching your eyes sparkle when you see something you love. i love your laugh, your personality. you. i really am a love sick puppy. i like you too god damn much. i really wanna spend my life with you. maybe with two kids, a puppy, and a big house maybe. i wanna hug you, and kiss you.
wait, i can do that. whoops.
i really love you my little pearl. pearls are pretty, and the way they are made is weird.
you're weird and pretty, so obviously, you remind me of a pearl.
i'm rambling while writing wtf? how is that possible? i literally just wrote wtf... jeez. i love you my little pearl. one day i'll give you this notebook. maybe after we get married.
i love you.

taehyung smiled and let tears fall down before getting up and walking outside. he looked up at the sky and put his hand up.

"i love you too baek. i hope you'll accept me moving on, i'll never forget you my weird ass hoe."

____________________________________________

okay a bitch is back🤪
oops!

how many people got scared cause of the title? i wanna know. cause i'm bored:]

i was stumped on this chapter and it ain't even good. whoopsie daisy :]

i hope you guys can accept the fact i'm late. exams and big tests are coming up so updates will be slower and shit. fUck🤧 i'm sorry.

i luv you all sweeties🥰