SIXTY TWO

2 years later...
Tae and Jeongguk are dating

Jeon Jeongguk|

Jeongguk was driving with Taehyung, both boys having the time of their life together, singing songs and telling jokes. It was dark out, the stars twinkling, saying hello to everyone. The lights coming from the buildings and the clubs booming music gave life to the city of Seoul. Nighttime was when all the real stuff happened, from people dancing on the streets to girls arguing and fighting the bouncers to let them in.

Taehyung loved to look out the window at this time of day because everyday, he would see something new. Now why would these two boys be going out everyday at 10 pm? Every night, all seven boys would gather together at Jin's café that was only opened for them to hang out together. It was a nightly thing that everyone enjoyed doing. Jeongguk looked at Taehyung, placing his free hand on the younger's thigh tracing small little shaped onto it with the pad of his thumb. The younger was dressed in a simple outfit. A pair of light washed jeans and a lavender hoodie along with his lavender slip ons. "You look cute." Jeongguk smiled, watching his boyfriend giggle a whisper a small thank you. "You look mighty fine yourself though." Jeongguk was dressed also in a simple outfit which was his usual black oversized long sleeve, cargo pants and classic black and white vans.

The two looked at each other once they stopped at a red light. Taehyung quickly pecked Jeongguk's lips before leaning back in his seat. "Oh c'mon don't be a tease." The older whined, squeezing Taehyung's thigh. "Mmm but I like teasing you."

Jeongguk scoffed and leaned towards the younger, littering his face with sweet butterfly kisses causing Taehyung to let out cute giggled that sounded like a sweet symphony to him. "T-The lights green Gukkie!" Taehyung giggled, hearing the beeps of the cars behind them. Jeongguk groaned and pulled away pressing on the gas pedal, continuing on their way towards the place.

After a while the two got there and were greeted by their friends, each getting a hug from everyone. Taehyung had noticed that Jimin and Yoongi had something on their hand. He pulled the two away from the group and smiled widely, nodding down towards their hands. "When did this happen? And when were you planning to tell me Jimminie?" Taehyung whisper yelled at the two. "We were planning on saying something a bit later but you just found out right now." Yoongi giggled, smiling while looking at his hand that had a beautiful engagement ring sitting perfectly on his left hand.

The two rings were different, one extravagant and bold, like Jimin, and the other simple yet complex,
like Yoongi. Each boy loved their ring, seeing how it fit perfectly with their personalities somehow. "That's fucking adorable."

"Tae! Jimin! Yoongi! Come here!" The eldest shouted, waving his hand towards them. The three boys complied and walked back towards their friends and lovers.

~~~~~

Kim Taehyung|

It was time for everyone to leave, each going their separate ways to their homes.

Taehyung and Jeongguk were in their car, again singing and dancing to the songs on the radio. They also talked and shared little kisses and flirty winks,
smiling and giggling on the way back.

"I love you Taehyung." The younger giggled. "I love you too— Jeongguk! WATCH OUT!"

The impact and the sound of their car rolling over upside down was loud. The shatter of the glass and the slight flame from the engine was painful. The two hung upside down by their seatbelts one unconscious while the other barely alive.

All Taehyung could hear was a weird ring in his ear. Nothing else could be heard, not the shouts for help from strangers outside or the emergency responders entering the scene.

Taehyung looked to his side and saw Jeongguk, blood dripping down from his forehead and his arms somehow limply secured onto the steering wheel, his hair a mess, blood on the parts where his head was spilling it. His mouth was slightly open and part of his lip was cut from the glass. How could he still be so beautiful after something like this? Who knows.

The two were pulled out the car gently and carefully by the workers. He noticed the people do CPR on his boyfriend, watching them trying to revive but unfortunately failing. They brought a white sheet, covering the boy's body and that was all he saw before being loaded onto the ambulance and rushed to the hospital.

Jeongguk is dead. He's fucking dead. Taehyung laughed in his head, not believing the fucking irony right now. His past lover had passed due to a car
crash and now his most recent and longest one too? How could the gods treat him like this? What did he do in his past life to deserve this? Why him?

Taehyung looked to the side, watching the lady with him in the back stick IV's in his arm and bandage him up. He turned and saw the heart monitor beeping ever so slowly. He couldn't take it. His eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. What if he closed his eyes? Would he be able to see the love of his life again? Maybe, He thought.

Why was this happening? Almost the exact same thing happened, but this time Taehyung was barely alive. He didn't want to live through the guilt of staying alive. He didn't want a life without Baekhyun, but he was able to move on because his ex somehow let him. Now, he hated the thought of a life where Jeon Jeongguk no longer exists.

Taehyung finally came to a conclusion.

"I love you so much Jeon Jeongguk, I'll see you soon, and Byun Baekhyun, I hope you're living very well up there with a new lover, I'll visit you too.", and with that he closed his eyes.

beep.

The monitor flatlined as soon as they arrived to the hospital. The lady immediately started CPR, counts each compression she did, doing them quickly before opening up Taehyung's airway and helping him breath. "Don't give up on me now! Please boy, I know you can make it. I hope you do." She said while continuing. Her partner helped, while the doctors and nurses inside came running out with a defibrillator, opening it and taking of the sticker from the pads and sticking it onto Taehyung's lifeless body.

The monitor beeped, telling them to move away from the patient, delivering a shock to his body. They continued doing so, everyone taking turns until the 10 minute mark passed.

Taehyung had passed away. Jeongguk had passed away. All because a careless driver didn't pay attention that they had to stop. Jeongguk and Taehyung would be home by now, in each other's arms telling each other sweet things and sharing smiled and laughs. The could be in bed, watching a movie or simply just cuddling together.

But that all could never happen again.

___________________________________________

well fuck y'all didn't expect that
maybe
idk🤧
but i lub you all
i'm probably cancelled now😂
epilogue is next
~ali🧡