seventeen

When Yeonjun left, I sneakily went to where Beomgyu is. I mouthed him "one meter".

"Watermelon?" I just facepalmed. And so, I mouthed him that once again. "Ah, one meter? Okay."

He started to walk and I followed him from behind at exactly one meter. It sucks to be pretending that we're not friends but I just really want to keep this.

We already reached the bakery. I went beside him and we went inside together.

"What flavor do you want?"

"Hmm..." I looked at the variety of bread. "I'll go with the banana bread."

Few minutes later, the banana bread was already served in our table. I can't remember the last time I ate this.

As I was eating, Beomgyu was staring at me.

"Stop staring at me like that." I glared at him.

"Sorry! It's just that you look cute. It seems like you really like the bread!" He said.

I choked a bit when he uttered the word 'cute'. Is he blind or what? Do I really look cute to him? I started to think if I should take it as a compliment.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "I'll bring a water. Just wait here."

He came back with a cup of water. I looked around but the bakery didn't have a water dispenser. They only sell hot choco so I was confused as to where he got the water.

"Where did you get this?"

"Oh, that. I asked the owner. He already know me since I'm a loyal customer." He replied.

"Since when did you discover this place?" I asked.

"When I was in middle school. I had a friend named Soobin who really likes bread. He was the one who introduced me this place." He said.

So, it has been years since the bakery was built. I was amused by how the business survived for how long.

Suddenly, I got a call from an unknown number. I didn't answer it because I don't really answer calls from those who I don't know personally.

"Why aren't you answering the call?" Beomgyu asked.

"Should I?"

He nodded. "Yeah, it might be important."

I answered the call and it was from the hospital.

"Who was it?"

"The doctor from the hospital." I answered.

"You're going there? I'm going there, too."

"Okay, then. Let's go." I said.