thirty eight

"Should I take you home?" Yeonjun suggested.

"But today's the last day of your practice, right?"

"Yeah," He nodded.

"I'm not letting you skip your practice. And as you can see, I'm already fine."

"But--"

"No buts!"

At first, he didn't want to go but he still went to the practice.

I went to the blue building and waited for Hyena to come.

"I'm glad you're here." Someone said behind me.

It was irritating to see Hyena smiling like that. If I could just make her disappear, then I would've done it already.

"I heard you were sick?" She asked.

"Why do you even care? Just get straight to the point." I gritted my teeth.

"Oh, so you weren't a coward at all."

"Say it now and don't waste my time."

"Okay, then. You wouldn't know since you just knew Beomgyu for a few months. But, do you really think he wanted to become friends with you with no particular reason? Does it make sense? To think that you're ill-tempered, hostile and a distant peron?" She said with an arrogant tone.

I clenched my fist. She's really getting on my nerves. "So what?"

"Do you really don't get it? Like, even your family is kind of unhappy."

Her eyes widened in shock when I slapped her. How dare her involve my family?

"Hah," She laughed a bit while touching her cheek. "You want me to get straight to the point? Fine, Beomgyu befriended you because he pities you the most."

I was taken aback with what she said, still not sure if I heard the right thing. "W-what did y-you just say?"

At this time, I felt numb and didn't know what to react.

"Seulgi, here's the food you told me to order!" I said as I reached her.

I didn't know that she was with her group of friends. Well, we're friends, too. But if I join them, I feel like I don't belong.

"Thank you, Nami! You're so kind." She smiled.

"No problem,"

"Oh, she's the one you're talking about? The girl who is like your pet?"

I stopped for a moment with what she said.

"Yep, she's really good at granting my favors."

Instead of leaving and acting like I didn't hear it, I went back and gritted my teeth.

"I thought we're friends," I said, trying my best not to cry. "Were you taking advantage of me all this time?"

"Huh?" She looked at me, surprised.

"Answer me!"

She sighed. "You heard it right."

"Why did you do that to me?" I shouted, my voice cracking.

"I really don't want to tell you this but you're insisting." She said. "I pity you."

---

a/n: my original plan was to update tomorrow but i made it a day earlier btw, it seems like y'all are curious to find out who kissed nami in her sleep hehe you'll know soon :")