forty five

We finished eating and it was about time to say goodbye.

"Thank you for the treat, auntie! The food was sooo delicious." Beomgyu gave a thumbs up.

"We had a great time, auntie. Thank you!" I said.

"No worries. I'm glad that you liked it."

"I also want to thank you both for coming. Go home safe, all right?" Yeonjun said.

🌰

Beomgyu and I walked silently. On our way, we had come across a vendor who is selling pancakes.

"Let's buy some!" He said, grabbing my wrist.

He had held my wrist for how many times, but this time, it felt weird.

"I didn't expect Yeonjun's mom to be very nice." I muttered.

"Me, too. I felt like she was also my mom." He said, taking a bite of his pancake.

Since my house was just near, I accompained Beomgyu. We went to the bus stop and sat.

"Oh, look! It's snowing." Beomgyu was filled with astonishment.

It was the first snow of the year. Snow falling soundlessly at this time of the day made me feel at ease.

"Do you feel cold?" He asked.

"No, I'm okay."

"By the way, there's something I want to ask." I blurted.

"What is it?" He inquired.

"Do you like..."

I feel like I should take back my words. I've gone crazy--so crazy! Why would I even ask if he likes me? ><

"Do you like winter?" I repeated.

"Yes! I like all seasons. Although the feeling is different in winter." He replied.

It was filled with silence again.

"Actually, there's something I want to say, too." He fidgeted.

I looked at him for a moment. I was wondering why he isn't saying anything.

"What do you want to say?" I asked.

"That... I'll say it when the bus is already here." He said, looking uneasy.

After how many minutes, the bus finally appeared.

He immediately went to the bus, but stopped half way. Why is he hesitating so much?

Eventually, the bus sped up already.

What was that? I thought he wanted to say something.