X. h o p e l e s s r o m a n t i c

11:12 AM, Azure Plaza SUNDAY

SUNDAY

It was a bright and sunny day; Taeil and Jaehyun thought the hot weather was perfect for catching up with each other.

Jaehyun was walking alongside Taeil, both of them with a cup of lemonade in their hand. The two of them basked under the hot sun, trying to cool down with an iced drink.

"About Taeyong..." Taeil took a sip out of his lemonade, taking a glance at Jaehyun.

Jaehyun flinched. "How'd you know?"

"Johnny!"

"Oh, yeah...Taeyong, he's..."

"Handsome? Sweet? Caring? Beautiful? Johnny said that's how you described him."

Jaehyun nodded, flashing his smile. He looked just like a middle schooler who was experiencing love for the first time.

"Yeah, exactly that."

Taeil couldn't help but chuckle. The way Jaehyun was acting was adorable. He found him to be acting like a little kid. It wasn't so often that this happened. Jaehyun was always mature, he was the ideal college student who had his life together. His heart was the opposite, though. Ever since he split up with his girlfriend, he'd become a hopeless romantic.

"Jae, don't you think it's a bit weird? You just met him."

Upon hearing Taeil speak, Jaehyun looked down. Johnny had told him this too many times. A part of him agreed, but he couldn't face it.

"Maybe...I don't know."

Taeil threw his empty cup in a trash bin beside the bench he sat on, then offered Jaehyun to sit next to him.

"Are you that desperate to love again? I'm just weirded out, you're usually so...mature."

"Yeah." Jaehyun said in a low voice, avoiding Taeil's gaze.

"I know Minhee made you really happy, but do you think Taeyong could do the same?"

Ran Minhee was once the love of Jaehyun's life. That time, she was all he needed to be happy. The sweet morning texts he'd get from her, how she'd always try to kiss him each time they met- even if they were in public. Her lips were soft and every kiss felt so delicate whenever she placed her lips against his. Her fingers intertwined with his so perfectly. They could tell each other anything, everything. They relied on each other. They made each other complete. Their relationship was the envy of all.

But not all things last forever.

Their days of sheer happiness and love ended once Minhee had to move to another country. It was painful, but Jaehyun knew it was for the best. He couldn't handle being away from her, ever. But it'd hurt more if they had to love each other from miles away. Now he wants to fill the void in his heart as quickly as he could. Maybe Taeyong could be the solution, just maybe.