Escape ?

The sun?... we could see it but it was black shrouded in darkness we had to keep going who knew how far this has gotten my sister and mother were asleep in the back as we drove down the country road following the officer who had just saved our lives hours previously I looked through the driver side mirror I had  almost had a heart attack as I saw a figure in the distance back behind us had the demon followed us I blinked and rubbed my eyes it was gone ..maybe it was my imagination playing tricks on me I was probably too tired we the Saw the officer  pull into a gas station and so did everyone else . The officer stepped out and said, the gas stations still work come on and fill them up one at a time people the officer then proceeded to point at me and said come with me son we're gonna get food and water for everyone my mother than took the car keys and said she'd fill the tank the officer took a glass breaker. And broke the door letting us in and we then proceeded to grab everything we could we then heard an engine start, the officer went outside and to his surprise one of the officer one of  camera guys hot wired a truck left behind the gas station and helped me load onto the truck every last item in the store we also got chargers for Everyone so we could check the news,the officer then said his name was griffin and Thayer need to find a place to set up a base if this was gonna turn into an apocalypse, w..wait I know where to go when my father passed he left us a mountain bunker it's huge enough for all of you along with us called a man and his wife standing next to their car. That's works perfect we'll hit up a couple more gas stations on the way for supplies said another man, griffin seemed pleased but paused and asked if your daughter was alright with it and from the corner of my eye came out their daughter she seemed my age pretty cute too and said it be fine with her, Wait I said , we need weapons don't things obviously aren't human what if we get into a problem with one griffin nodded his head and took out a map. Says here there's a weapons store a couple of miles down the road 29 at most and then a shriek far off in the distance gave everyone chills and so I said , welp that's our cue -I took a bag of supplies some water and food for the road as did everyone else  as we got into our cars and began to follow griffin to the weapons shop.