2

Harmony☝️

I groan climbing into my bed and under the covers. Looking over at the clock, it's 2am. "Shit," I whisper knowing I have to get up in a few hours. My father wants me to look over some files.
I don't see why I have to do it when James leaps to my father's every will. James is like the son my father has always wanted.
He's super early to work, makes sure all the new case files are on my fathers desk and even follows him around like a puppy. I mean I do everything I'm suppose to but it's never enough for him. Why does his ass get some sort of special treatment. 
Ever since moms past he hasn't been the same towards me. He blames me for not telling him about her breast cancer.
Mom didn't want to worry him and throw him off his game when our firm was slammed with cases in 2016 after the Wells Fargo scam
My father practically lives at that firm.
He wasn't always faithful either to my mother and their relationship began to drift apart. I just think it hurt him the most because of his guilty conscience and not being able to apologize and say goodbye.
Deep down my father really did love her, he just wanted a piece of everyone else too.

I set my alarm to wake me up at 7am and roll over.

**********************************************************************************
"BEEP..BEEP...BEEP."  My alarm blares , I reach over turning it off.
Stretching for my phone, I disconnect it from the charging cord. I smile looking at the notifications. 
I open a text from Sabrina, a sexy white girl that works in the mail room.
MailGirl: Come thru today. I have a package for you daddy😋
Me: Don't unwrap it without me 😈

I open another message from Kimberly, a spicy long haired mixed chick that works at the Starbucks I always stop at before work.
KimKat: Wayyne.. I want some dick😩
Me: Soon. Just keep that shit tight for me.
I respond to a few more texts and snaps before I jump in the shower.

**********************************************************************************
Back tracking as I grab my keys to make sure I didn't forget anything. I pick up my briefcase by the door and head out to my car.
I start the car after tossing my briefcase on the passenger seat. I cruise down Lincoln Blvd. and stop at a red light.
I look both ways seeing no cars on sight or camera posted on the lights. I think about just running through this light right when I step off the break to do so this thick caramel girl in a white workout suit runs past the front of my car.

She glares at me but cant find my face through the tinted windows. Shawty got her long hair don't care in a sleek ponytail. Her full lips coated with lip gloss.
She glares again and continues running down the street. I'm in awe still looking down the street after she's already gone. Shawty really just gave a nigga the chills.

I turn in the direction she ran because it was the same direction I was headed anyway. When I got to the end of the street she was already gone. Oh well, I shake it off and continue my way to Starbucks.

As I pull into Starbucks I see shawty  in the work out suit once again walking inside. I usually go through the drive thru, but today ima have to slide in.
When I walk in she's sitting on a stool at a table by herself. I walk to the counter, Kimberly ain't here. thank god.
I order a grande Carmel frappe with a chocolate drizzle. I stand there looking at the side of her face deciding if I want to speak to her or not. Something about the vibe she's giving me is different from the other girls.
She got me feeling all shy about tryna say something. Usually I could walk up to any female and say what I had to say if I wanted her. But her... it's something... man I don't know.
She's texting on her phone with her legs crossed one over the other.

I start to walk towards her when the barista calls my name. "Grande Carmel frappe for a Mr. Ross," she calls.
Shawty looks up meeting my eye pausing for a moment before blushing and looking away. I smile going back to grab my frappe. I grab it and head towards the stand with the straws and creamers that was behind her.
"Excuse me beautiful," I say brushing past her. She scoots her stool over as I move to grab a straw and napkins. She casually looks over at me when I take a sip of my frappe.
I smile at her.