Starting The Day

DJ'S POV

I wake up and rub my eyes. My black hair is ok for just waking up. Clicking the power button on my phone, the screen lights up. I'm almost blinded by the sudden light but read the time; 6:30 am. I set the phone down on the bedside table and get out of bed. Yawning I make my way to the bathroom.

I make my way to the sink and turn the taps. Putting my face down, I splash cold water on my face. That woke me up. I grab my comb and fix my hair. After I'm satisfied I grab my toothbrush, put on some toothpaste, and brush my teeth. I finish and put my stuff back. Then I go back to the table to check my phone. It's 6:45, I should get dressed.

Choosing an outfit for school isn't hard. Especially sense it's a uniform school. Everyone looks the same, so I'll be able to blend in. I find a white polo shirt and some black shorts. After I'm dressed, I get my gray vans and slip them on. The black laces are starting to brown from dirt. I'll get new ones later. I check my phone before I slip it in my pocket.

It's about 6:50 now so I go downstairs. I get some bread from the cabinet and put a slice in the toaster. While I wait for that I grab my black, Jansport backpack. I check over my stuff to make sure I have everything. I see notebooks, pens, pencils, colored pencils,extra paper, a sharpener, and a mini stapler.

The toaster beeps and I get a plate. I take the toast out and set it one the plate. I grab a butter knife from the drawer and butter from the fridge. After I butter my toast I put the stick back in the fridge and the knife in the sink. As I eat my toast I grab my student ID and put it in my pocket with my phone. I grab my lunch money from the counter and put that in my backpack.

It's almost 7 so I go outside and walk to the bus stop. Soon enough the bus would arrive and I would begin my journey to hell.