Chapter 9: FENNBIRN

Queen Kristina of Fennbirn Island smiled down at the citizens of her island. They were all her subjects now. Even the ones that didn't truly support her. Every one of them hers to rule.

Queen Kristina sat down in her regal black obsidian throne, making sure that the skirt of her black dress was spread out around her. A smile was plastered across her face - this time, it was a real, genuine smile. She was enjoying her throne - the one that had been custom made for the Queen of Snakes. It was obsidian with silver snakes gracing the sides, their emerald green eyes flashing.

The newly crowned Queen of Fennbirn waited patiently for her fiancé and soon to be king-consort, to come and join her. He would not have a throne, but would have to stand by his Queen and wife.

"My Queen." Draco said, bowing to her.

The newly crowned Queen only laughed. "My dear, there's no need to bow down to me. You're mine, and no one can ever change that."

Draco straightened. "Of course, my Queen."

Queen Kristina rolled her eyes. "Cut the crap Draco. I told you there was no need for formalities." She snapped.

Draco averted his eyes. He clearly didn't love her very much, but he couldn't refuse her. He needed to make his parents happy and fulfill his duty as the King-Consort. He needed to have children with the Queen. Then, when they had left Fennbirn, they could do whatever they pleased.

"Now, come Draco. Watch over Fennbirn with me." The Queen commanded.

Draco Malfoy dutifully knelt beside her and watched the citizens working and playing.

The citizens seemed pretty happy having Kristina as their Queen, but the thing was.. She had changed. Before her rule, she was much nicer and in a way, happier. Now, she was much more demanding, much more harsh, less sympathetic, much less lovable. She wasn't the kind of person you wanted to be friends with anymore. And that was a problem. Draco had fallen in love with Kristina Thorn, the girl who had gone to Hogwarts. Now that she was the Queen, and back on her home island, he didn't love her anymore. She had changed too much. But he would have to live with her for a little while longer. The poor boy hadn't known what he was getting himself into. This Queen was not to be messed with.

A few days later, the Queen held a meeting with the citizens of Fennbirn. When everyone had gathered together, she prepared her announcement. Not even the king-consort Draco Malfoy knew what was happening.

Queen Kristina glanced at the crowd, and began to speak.

"Now, my fair citizens of Fennbirn island, I have a very important announcement to make. As the Queen of Fennbirn, I alone have decided on this important matter. I have recently decided to divorce Draco Malfoy because he doesn't love me. We will not produce the heirs of Fennbirn together. He shall return to his homeland and do as he pleases while I find a new king-consort."

The whole crowd gasped, no one having expected that as the announcement.

Draco got down on one knee, and started speaking.

"My Queen, I already pledged myself to you. Are you sure you want to make this decision?"

The Queen only smiled a genuine smile. "My love, I can see it in your eyes when you say that I'm the one that you want. I know that you don't love me. Maybe you once liked me, but you no longer do. I saw the way that you looked at that girl back at Hogwarts, and I can tell that you love her. I may love you, but I am willing to find a new lover so that I can do what's best for my island. Just remember that I do love you, and that you'll forever be a part of me, but you're willing to go and marry the girl you truly love. A girl that is not me. I know you wanted to do the right thing to make your family happy, but you truly don't belong here. It's never been that both the Queen and king-consort had gifts, and it shall continue to be that way. You belong back where you came from. You belong with the people that you love in the place that you love. Goodbye Draco Malfoy."