Chapter 25

Me and Corey walk into the front house and stand in the driveway. "What are we waiting for exactly?" I ask. Corey turns to me and smiles. "Just wait. It's coming." He says and looks back at the road. I roll my eyes and sit on the ground. I watch some ants crawl in and out of their little mountains. "I wonder how the ants build their little mountains they live in. Do they start from underground and work their way up? Or do they start on the surface and work their way down?" I say to myself. I hear a horn honk and I look up. I see a dark blue Sedan.

They park the car and get out. "Noah!" I yell and run up to him, hugging him. "Hey baby boy." He says and hugs me back. "I like your car." I say. "It's the 2018 X Sedan.  Your car is pretty nice." Noah says smiling down at me. I look at him confused. "Wait a minute...it's not my car..." I say giving a confused look. "Happy Birthday baby." He says in my ear. "Thankyouthsnkyouthankyouthankyou!" I say happily and hug him again. He hands me the keys and I get into the drivers seat. I adjust the seat and mirrors.

"Now you can drive anywhere you." Noah says. "Thank you so much Noah. This is the best birthday present ever." I say. "How did you tell my mom?" I ask. "She's fine with me getting you a car." He says. "Alright love birds! Let's go eat some cake and ice cream!" Corey yells at us. I get out of my new car and follow Corey back go the backyard. Noah leans down towards my ear. "I also have another surprise for you later." He says. I nod and we head to the table with the food. Katrina and Devyn walk outside with the cake. They set it down on the table and light the candles. "Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Sammy! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sings.

I close my eyes and make a wish, blowing out the candles. "What'd you wish for?" Aaron asks. "If I tell you, it won't come true." I say. I cut the cake and serve it everyone. I get two pieces of cake and walk over to Noah. I hand him a plate and he takes it. I sit in the chair next to him and prop my feet up on his legs. "This has been the best birthday ever." I say taking a bite of my cake. "You still have to open presents from everyone else." Noah says. I nod and continue to eat my cake. "I'm going to go to the bathroom." I say. I set my cake on the table and walk inside the house. I walk by one of the bed rooms and I hear voices. "Leave before Sam seed you!" They whisper shout. "But i want to see him!" The other one says.

"He said he never wants to see you again, so leave before I call the cops." The first one says. "...fine." They say. I hear footsteps and quickly hurry to the bathroom. "Why is C-Colby here?"