Chapter 3

Sarah’s POV. 

‘Bitch. Thank god I didn’t have my phone.’ I mutter to Katia and she sticks her tongue out. I stand up and loosen my hair. I hear a whistle behind me. I turn around and see Zayn smirking. 

‘You swim with your shorts on?’ He asks, eyeing me. 

‘No. My sister shoved me, and I was still wearing my shorts.’ I said, smiling and finding my way back up. 

‘You’re still comin’ in to swim, right?’ 

‘Of course, Mirrors.’ I said, winking. I walked to the sunbeds and got my towel out. I dried my hands and checked my phone. 1 new message, from … Dan. Of course. 

‘Just get your ass back home, will ya?  I miss ya, babe : ( Enjoy your day :’) Love yaa more than u think  xxxxxxxxxxx’ I smiled and texted him back. 

‘Hey.’ A voice says, behind my back. ‘ What are you doing here, alone?’ I immediately recognize the voice. Sexy, mysterious Zayn. He hugs me and his breath hits my neck.

‘I love-‘ He starts to say, but I cut him off.

‘Zayn, I have a boyfriend, remember?’ I say, looking at him. He looks back with those eyes and my breath quivers. He pushes a piece of my fringe behind my ear and this familiar flutter in my chest appears. Something I feel whenever I see Dan. He starts leaning in, but I back away.

‘He doesn’t have to know. No one has to know.’ He whispers. I stop his hand and shake my head.He starts leaning in again, and this time I duck my head.

‘No, Zayn. I’m not cheating on Dan.’ I say, even though it’s kind of, maybe, possibly, killing me inside. Sometimes Dan can be this really sweet and caring guy, but sometimes he gets mad for nothing and it upsets me because if he keeps on doing this, things might go really bad, just like last year in that pub fight. ‘Sorry, Zayn.’ I mumble, looking down. 

‘I understand. Don’t worry about it, ok?’ He says, and walks away. I can see him get his cigarette box out, and starts the lighter. But his hands are trembling and I think he just burnt his finger. He swears and I sigh and just walk away. The One Direction boys, you hear them, before you see them. I dive in and when I rise to the surface, Liam’s right in front of my face.

‘Hey, there, mermaid.’ He says, grinning. I laugh and wink.

‘Mermaid, huh, Woody?’ I tease him and he smirks. I glance over at Katia and it looks like she’s having some kind of water fight with Harry. Don’t get me wrong, I like him. But he is a bit of a playboy and I swear, if he breaks Katia’s heart, his ass, is grass. Liam sees me glancing at Katia and Harry and he gives a light whistle.

‘Protective sister?’ Liam asks, looking back and forth. 

‘You bet.’ I murmur and I see Liam smiling.

                                 Harry Pov.

‘Here this is for you.’ I say, grabbing a flower and giving it to Katia.

‘Really? Wow, Thank you.’ I could see her starting to blush.

‘In coming!’ I heard Niall say.

You could hear Niall’s voice, before you see him. Though,  before I could say anything else, I saw Katia in the pool, and Niall drowning her jokingly.

‘Stop it. She’s not going to breathe.’ I say, jumping in for her.

I pull her up from the water and she slapped me.

‘What was that for? For saving you?’

‘Shoot. Slapped the wrong guy.’ She turned, and slapped Niall.