(6) 2 - Fall in love, admitting

"I never believed in love at first sight," Evan whispers as the initial shock that's written on my face starts to wear off.

"That is, until I met you."

"Wait, so, you're telling me you love me?" I wonder incredulous.

"Pretty much, yeah," he admits.

Wow. I really didn't see that one coming. He loves me? What happened to his girlfriend? I was almost a hundred percent sure he has a girlfriend, but I guess I was wrong. He loves me? How did this happen? I have heard the love at first sight crap before, and I never believed it. I'm still not sure if I do believe it now.

Still, when I look into his eyes, I can see his love for me reflected in those dark brown orbs. His mouth, that kissed me only moments before, is a tight line of tension right now. He loves me.

And I think I might love him too.

"Liv? Olivia, say something please," Evan begs.

"I... I don't know what to say, Evan," I mumble.

"Well that's more than nothing," he grins, but I can see how hard it is for him to act normal.

"Evan-" I begin.

"Listen, I don't really expect you to love me back," he interrupts me. "I can hope for it, but I know it's irrational."

"It's not-" I try. "I mean you... I just don't know, Evan. I don't know. I'm confused. I just.. I don't know."

"I guess I should let you take your time to think it over, then," he sighs, and starts to get up.

"Wait!" I grab his arm and force him back down in the bed. He lifts an eyebrow questionly.

"Would you, you know, like to stay over? I mean, it's late and my mom probably wouldn't mind you sleeping on the sofa downstairs. If you like that. You shouldn't feel like I'm forcing you or anything," I stutter, my voice fading, my hands clasping over my mouth.

Where did that come from? It just sort of popped out. How did I just invite Evan to stay over? Apart from stuttering, that is. Why do I want him to stay? Because I do. I really do.

It's been ages since I've fallen in love. I've had boyfriends, sure, but it was always mainly me playing around, trying things out. The last time I remember falling in love is over two years ago, and I'm not even sure about that.

So how come I already wonder about Evan? How come I feel like I need him, while I've only known him for three days? Why do I want to want him?

Love at first sight. I hate the idea. You can't possibly know someone is made for you by the look on their face or the way the stand, can you? That's impossible. I know it is. I know it.

Then why do I doubt myself every time I look at Evan?

"Wouldn't your mother mind?" he asks.

"What, Janet? No, of course not, she loves the idea of me having a boyfriend," I admit. She wants me to be happy, and she believes love is the best way to be.

"I'm your boyfriend?" Evan wonders, hope written on his face.

"I'm not sure, Evan. All I know is that I want you to be here in the morning."

"That's enough for me," he says.

------------------------------

So this chapter is really just a filler, bigger chapters are to come but I just had to post this whole conversation thing in a seperate chapter. That seemed more fitting for some reason.

Oh, and a little heads up: Semptember got into Harvard, not Yale. I changed that because otherwise one of the coming tasks will not work out, but I won't spoil anything else on that ;)

Love and kisses, Luzz.