A New Story

"Your script was really good," Lavender says. "I got swept up in the story, and almost... well actually, I did cry."

Wendy blushes, taking her script back from Lavender. They are at another PosAutivity meeting, and Lavender had asked Wendy if she could borrow her script and read it. She said yes, hoping her girlfriend would like the story she had to tell. Luckily for Wendy, Lavender appears to like Wendy's story very much.

"I get to read it next, right Wendy?" asks Glitter, jumping up and down.

"Of course," Wendy smiles, handing her script to Glitter, who dashes off with it.

"GLITTER BE CAREFUL WITH WENDY'S SCRIPT!" Claire had turned the volume up on her phone.

"I'm ALWAYS careful!" Glitter yells back.

Claire rolls her eyes. "Glitter always has SO much shrimp."

Wendy looks at Claire, bewildered. "Shrimp?"

Ava bursts into a fit of laughter. "Oh my god, Claire! Did your phone auto-fill 'shrimp' instead of 'sass'?"

Glitter saunters over, wanting to be a part of the conversation. "Hey! What are we talking about?"

"Claire says you are keeping an unsightly amount of shrimp captive," Ava says.

"What?" Glitter says. "I've never even seen a shrimp!"

Claire puts her hand on her forehead and types, "It was a mistake. I meant to type 'Glitter always has SO much shrimp'." She looks at her phone and sees the auto filled word 'shrimp' again. Claire sighs. "S-A-S-S" She types letter by letter.

"I wonder what's in Claire's search history!" Glitter teases.

"You know what?" Ava says. "I bet it's because of that time we were looking up seafood restaurants to go to for our date! I was craving shrimp that day, so I asked you to look up places that had the spiciest of shrimp."

"Because you're a fire breathing dragon!" Claire teases. "I don't know how you can stand spice, it burns my tongue!"

"I'm with Claire," Wendy says. "Spicy food is gross."

"Slander!" Ava protests.

"Lavender, what do you think?" Wendy asks.

"Sorry Ava," Lavender links her arm through Wendy's. "I'm going to have to stick with my girlfriend on this one."

"Well, this sample size is demonstrably small," Ava argues. "So the results are invalid."

"Anyways," types Claire. "Have you written anything new lately, Wendy?"

"No," Wendy says. "I got so caught up in trying to be 'normal', I completely forgot about my writing." She sighs. "Not to mention the major burnout."

"Maybe I could help," Claire offers. "If we brainstorm together, we can help each other come up with something good to write about."

"I would like that very much," Wendy says.

Some Time After A Writing Session with Claire (and Glitter)

Home - By Wendy Wellcott

Scene 1: The camera shows a small, purple planet. It zooms in, slowly, revealing a planet filled with life. There are flowers blooming everywhere the eye can see. The creatures that inhabit the planet, are Ents, tree like creatures that are very big and very slow. Pan out. Cut to a young girl,(Elle) lost in a deserted wasteland.

Elle: Don't worry Pearl, we'll get through this. Together.

Elle cradles a small lizard in her hand. Its scales are usually shiny and white. But is covered in dust and greyed from the lack of washing facilities.

(Character description: Elle is fair skinned and has blue eyes. Her hair is blonde and her favorite color is pink. She likes art and sparkles.) I'm Elle! :) - Glitter

Narrator: Elle was far from home. She wondered if she would ever find it again, out here in this desert. She thought to herself about how foolish she was, how naive. To act on an impulse, and end up here. Alone.

Opening music plays, fade to title screen.

Wendy looks up from her computer and smiles. She is writing again. Writing a story about herself, about her journey, and the friends that brought her home. Home to acceptance. She stretches her fingers and begins to type.

A/N: Thank you for reading my story. If you liked it, go ahead and read Silent Voice by MissLunaRose, and maybe watch the movie Please Stand By? It's super good! It's on hulu.