• Chapter 1 •

Alisha's POV - Delhi

Scented candles are so calming. My bathroom smells amazing. Nothing soothes my nerves like a long hot shower. I sigh as I step out of my bathroom, fully dressed.

Smoke engulfed my room. Shit! Something is on fire. I run to the kitchen, only to find a pot with something black and mushy caught on fire. Looks like Keish was trying to make us some maggie. I quickly switch the gas off and throw the remains of supposed 'maggie' into the dustbin. This girl is such a mess.

"Keish Shah!!!" I yelled.

"What the hell Ish! Why're you yelling?" She asks coming out of her room. Her eyes widen in realization when she sees the smoke.

"Shit! I forgot about the maggie. Dev called and -

"Your boyfriend calls and you forget about everything and run to pick his call. Jeez girl, I leave you alone for 10 minutes and you set my house on fire!" I say clearly annoyed.

"I'm sorry Isha." She says giving me her best puppy eyes.

"Whatever" I say while rolling my eyes. "Foods on you"

"Cool, the usual?" she asks. I nod my head in reply. I walk to my room to get my phone.

Suddenly I hear Keish scream, "Isha!!!!"

Panic stricken, I run out of my room, grabbing the nearest weapon I could find. In this case it was Keish's baseball bat, that she had dumped in my room, claiming they was 'no space' in her room. I stealthily walk to the living room, expecting a psycho serial killer holding out a long ass knife on Keish's neck but instead find her sitting comfortably on the sofa sipping her coffee.

"Why are you carrying that baseball bat Ish?" She asks raising her perfectly shaped brows.

"WHY DID YOU SHOUT?!!!" Panic evident in my voice.

"Oh that, it was time for McDreamy's interview so I called out for you. Also the food is on its way" she said brushing it off completely oblivious to the fact that I was dead scared.

I roll my eyes and settle next to her on the couch.

Note to self : Never run out of the room alarmed when Keisha screams.

She turns the news channel on excitedly. I look at her and ask,"So, who has gotten you so excited Keish?"

She chooses not to reply and instead points towards the TV.

The news reporter said,
"Vikrant Shergill is to receive the 'Best Businessman Award' third time in a row. He has featured in the Forbes magazine numerous times. Vikrant is not only a very skilled businessman but is also the youngest billionaire in all of Asia. He is considered to be one of the most eligible bachelors of India."

Keish swooned beside me at the sight of Vikrant.

He was handsome, nobody could deny that. Wait, scratch that, handsome was an understatement. His rich black hair that tousled griminess which promised finesse. He had strong arched brows and lashes so thick, it could be illegal. Why do all guys have amazing lashes? It's so unfair. His hazel brown eyes so deep, you could almost get lost in it. He had distinct cheekbones and chiseled jawline. In short, he was a greek god.

I felt someone shaking me, it doesn't take a genius to figure who it was.

"What is it Keish?"

"Did you hear him talk! God, he is every girl's dream!" She said dreamily.

Looks like I didn't hear him speak because of my conjectures.

"Don't you have a boyfriend, Miss Creepy Stalker" I tried to remind her, failing miserably as she ran to her bedroom in flash speed to get her laptop. Why laptop you ask? So that she can stalk her 'McDreamy'. And this McDreamy is not even Derek Shepherd! So really, is it worth it?

I surfed through channels aimlessly while Keish drooled over Vikrant's pictures.

**Next Channel**

"Prick : Trouble in the Paradise?"

Why do people care? Can't they give the couple a little privacy?

**Next Channel**

Black Hole Finally Revealed

On April 10, astronomers shared an image, now christened on Indian Twitter as a 'giant meduvada in the sky,' from the black hole at Messier 87 or M87. It was a blurred, yellowish orange frame surrounding a black centre.

Right. That's very nice.

**Next Channel**

Man 1 : Vignesh, tell me why was Raj sad?
Man 2 : I don't know, Jigesh. You tell me.
Man 1 : Raj was sad because SimRAN away.

For real? That was so lame!

**Next Channel**

"The Ahuja family was spotted visiting Ganesh temple, a week before their younger daughter's 4th death anniversary. The Ahuja couple : Rohit and Zeenat were dressed in all white and their elder daughter Naysa wore clothes of similar fashion. Naysa Ahuja is a famous model who is praised for her body and looks. On 18 March 2015, 18 year old Saira Ahuja died in a car crash and the family has been mourning ever since."

Third Person's POV

Alisha went a sort of frigid, her face white as sheet. It was as though she saw a ghost. She did see a ghost, as a matter of that, it was the ghost of her past that was still haunting her. What did she do to deserve such a fate? She questioned herself again and again. No matter how hard she tried to run away from her past, it always had a way of catching up with her.

Keisha looked on to her side to find her best friend trembling, on verge of tears. "Ish, what happened? Are you alright?" She asked concern evident in her voice.

With shaking finger, Alisha pointed towards the TV. Keisha followed her finger and her face morphed into an expression of shock and anger.

"Oh my god!" She said before running to switch the TV off. "Aww, sweetie come here" She said while pulling Alisha closer to herself.

"Why me Keish? Am I really a bad person? Is that why all bad things seem to happen to me?" Alisha asked between her painful sobs.

"No Isha, don't say that. You're the strongest person that I've known. You deserve nothing but happiness, my love. Please stop crying. Please." Keisha whispered trying to console her distressed best friend.

Keisha hugged Alisha tightly and whispered assuring things in her ear until Alisha stopped sobbing.

Ding Dong

Alisha, whose head was resting on Keisha's shoulder looked up almost alarmed. Keisha shook her head and said,"It must be food delivery. I'll get it don't worry."

Alisha took that time to compose herself and tried to calm herself. She felt much better now. Thanks to Keisha.

"Come on, let's eat!" She called out.

"I don't feel like eating Keish. You go on without me." I explained.

"Alisha Sood, remember what Remus Lupin said? 'Eat, it'll help' Follow his golden advice Esh. You will feel much better." She said in a preaching tone.

"Can't say no to Moony, now can I?" I said half joking.
___________________

Hey guys

The first chapter is out finally. What do you think? What torments Alisha so much?

Prick : The ship name for Priyanka and Nick Jonas

To all the non Harry Potter readers,
Remus Lupin is a character in Harry Potter who is James Potter's bestfriend and was Harry's professor.

Moony is Remus Lupin's pet name.

And to all the Potterheads;

Who is your favourite maraunder???
Padfoot, Moony, Prongs or Wormtail??
Comment----------------->

Comment what you think about the first chapter here---------->

Show much love peeps❤

Like, Share and Comment💕

Until the next time
Ash