Chapter 20

Chance's POV:

"We have noises coming from the forest side. We are heading out to check them." I tell to the walkie talkie and then warn others about it. The plan was officially in motion.

"So, what do we do now?" Jason asked and looked at me. I sigh, "Whatever we have been doing for the past hour. Wait and be alert."

"At least let's get out of the car and do it outside." Jason suggested and opened his door.

We both stood at the side of the car which was facing forest and looked towards the warehouse. "Do you think bear can jump out of the forest and kill us?" He said after few minutes. I shook my head and smiled. "I don't think there are bears in this forest. And even if there are, we have guns." I suggested and he nodded.

"Wonder what's happening inside. It is not fair for them to have fun while we wait out." Jason said and turned to look at me. "The only ones who are having fun are Ace and Angela." I said and we chuckled at that.

After few minutes if silence Jason spoke again. "So, I guess you and Ace aren't a thing anymore?" I nod. "Yeah, I guess so too. I told him that I can't do this. I mean, I don't remember anything about it. And the chances of my memory coming back is nearly impossible now." I mumble the last part and hope he doesn't hear me.

But apparently, he does and as he wants to ask me but Blairs voice flow through our earpiece and we head back to the van. "I think he will be here in 5-7 minutes. We are far from the warehouse." I say changing the subject.

"Yeah, but the main thing is he is out and now we can at least tell him apart from others." Jason suggests. I turn my attention to the side mirror. From the distance I see lights getting closer to us. A car.

"Jason, there is someone on the road coming towards us." I warn. "The car is coming way past the speed limit." Jason notes as I can now see the lights of it getting brighter.

"Jason be ready to duck under. Make sure to not be seen from window" I say and see car driving closer to us and I see something peeking out of the window. "Shit, they are definitely shooting us." Jason panics.

"Wait, for them to get closer if we duck now they will notice. " I say and start slowly buckling my knees to be able to fit myself down. Car gets closer to us and now they have 4 guns facing our side. "NOW" I yell and we both duck under the seats.

I try to reach to the back where I have put my gun." I can't do that on time because next thing I know our windows start getting shattered and bullets make a 'thud' to the side of the door. I am right on the side that they are shooting. If one of the bullets go through cars protection I am dead.

Luckily, they pass and keep on driving. The car is a big black SUV(classic attack car). "Are you fine?" I ask Jason and get back up. "Their guns were on silencer. They have planned this really thorough." Jason says as he looks at the windows of the car and then back at me.

"you have glass pieces on your hair." Jason says and I slowly shake my head and hear few of them fall down. "What now?" I say more to myself than to Jason and look to front and see that car stop.

"Fuck, they are coming here. We need to get out." I say and open the door and step out. They haven't gotten out of the car yet.

"What about the mole?" Jason asks as Mason says to the earpiece that's he is heading out.

We should warn others. I wanted to do it when I hear glass shatter. I look behind me and see that this people are coming towards us and just shot the only remaining window in the car.

"Where should we go?" Jason asks. I motion towards forest and start to run there. "Did you get your gun?" I ask and Jason shakes his head.

"I couldn't reach mine too. We need to keep hidden or unless we are an easy target." I say as we enter thick trees. At first, I couldn't even move around them.