Chapter 9

Ace's POV:

Even though, I have slept through the most of the flight, I still managed to sleep half of the next day. I was sleeping in the spare room we had downstairs because Chance was sleeping in my bedroom. She told Blair that she feels comfortable there. I didn't go up there yesterday. It was all overwhelming for her and well for me too.  I don't think that she would be happy if someone she doesn't remember sleeps next to her.

I stretched and made my way to the kitchen. Max and Blair were already up and they were looking through something but I was too sleepy to care about anything right now.

I need a shower, fresh clothes and probably some chocolate.

I made my way upstairs then I paused in front of my door.  I listened for any sound, but there were none.  This made a small wave of worry go through me.

I knocked on the door and after few seconds I heard Chance yell come in. I opened half of the door and looked inside.  Chance was laying on the bed. She lifted her head to look at me. 

"I would sit but I am not in a mood." She said and I nodded. Her hair was messy all around her and she was in her pajamas.  "No worries, I just came to get my stuff." I said as I closed the door behind me.

"This your room?" Chance asked and she turned her head towards me. "Not only mine, it is also your room too."  At the mention of us being together Chance looked away from me.

I picked out my clothes and as I was making my way to the shower she spoke. "It must have been hard on you. All of this situation with me. Just know that I am sorry for all the pain that I caused." I looked at her and shook my head. "No need to apologize. I am not angry with you. " I don't think that I can ever be angry with you.

I smiled to Chance and she just looked at me and nodded.  I sighed as I closed the door. It is going to be really hard to get through her defensive façade. I also don't know how to help her to remember stuff.

I took a long shower to clear my head. As the cold water calmed my skin it also helped me to get a clearer view of things.

I don't think that with just kissing her I will help her to remember anything. But damn, I really do want to try this one. Few times. Repeatedly.

I splashed my face with cold water and stopped myself from continuing this train of thoughts. I got dressed in bathroom and walked out. Chance wasn't there when I walked out.  Probably spending time with Blair.

Blair is the only one she talks to like a normal person. With me she is just confused and avoiding. To be honest this somehow makes me feel hurt.

Downstairs I saw Max laying on the sofa, as usual, he was watching something. Then as I moved forward I saw Chance sitting there too. Max was explaining her the plot of his latest binge series.

I wanted to join but firstly, Chance might feel awkward around me which I don't think that I can take pretty well. Secondly, I am hungry and thirdly, movie doesn't even look that interesting.

Blair was in the kitchen when I walked in she smiled "Good morning." I nodded and made myself some tea and opened the fridge, searching for chocolate. Sadly, there weren't any because I wasn't around to buy them and Max ate all of my other sweets.

"There's no food in this house, people. I am hungry." Jason said loudly and started to search through cupboards. When he reached the fridge. I said. "Don't even bother there is nothing good in there." And he groaned even louder.

"We need to do grocery shopping and we need to do it now." Jason said dramatically and both me and Blair rolled our eyes.

"I am up for food shopping." Max yelled and I got up to get my car keys. "Fine, I will do it. But I won't buy anyone anything. If you need something you must come with me." I said with a smirk and Jason flipped the bird at me.

Soon enough all of us, except Mason, were in the store. He said that he would eat whatever we bought.  I drove around the rows of bread, sweets, teas and other different stuff. I drove straight to the alcohols isle and put few beers a cheap vodka and whiskey to my cart.

"Take few for me too." I heard Chance's voice.  I turned to look at her with a questioning look. "What? Can't a girl get drunk in here?" She said and gestured around with her uninjured hand. I rolled my eyes and still put few more beers.

"Are you sure you wanna drink? You know, with all this Injuries." I questioned her and started to move forwards she caught up with me and said. "I don't think me getting drunk will affect my arms healing process." With this she also dropped few snacks into my cart. I chuckled and took a turn to chocolate's isle.

"Your obsession with chocolate is going to kill you, Ace." Chance said and made her way somewhere else. I smiled thinking that Chance was worried more about my chocolate addiction than the amount of alcohol I consume.