Draw me a million pictures and I'll write you a million songs

"URGH! I'M DONE! I HATE YOU!" I shouted angrily at my mother before stomping out of the living room. Once again we were fighting about something stupid. My mother wanted to go through my cell phone because she didn't trust me. She had found a note that Alex had written me in school and thankfully had only signed with an A and a heart. That was enough evidence for her though and she had banged into my room, demanding to see my phone. Almost an hour of screaming later I had finally lost it.

Twenty minutes later I was at the park, shivering. Of course when I had stormed out I hadn't thought of anything but getting away from my mother. I knew I couldn't go home for at least a day because if I did, my mother would kick my ass so I needed to figure something out. Frowning, I started towards Kara's house.

When I reached her house I rang the doorbell and then wrapped my arms around myself. A few moments later, Kara's mother answered the door and she frowned at me. "Leah Hunter! It is November and you don't have a jacket on!" she scolded as she pulled me into the house. "Kara!"

She pulled me into the kitchen and pushed me into a chair before she started going through cabinets. "What's up mom?" Kara said as she appeared in the doorway. Her mother nodded towards me before she pulled out a box of hot chocolate mix. "What are you doing here?"

"Fought with my mom again and I just stormed out. I was wondering if you'd let me stay the night," I said while giving her the most pitiful look I could manage.

"Of course you can stay!" Kara's mother said while she began making hot chocolate. Kara nodded in agreement and grabbed my hand.

"We'll be upstairs!" Kara said before dragging me up the stairs. Once upstairs in her room, she slammed the door shut and turned to look at me. "We're going to a party."

Immediately I was confused; Kara wanted to go to a party and I didn't have to convince her? "What?" I questioned while falling back on her bed. To be honest I wasn't in the mood for partying, I just really wanted to watch movies and stay cuddled on the couch with hot cocoa.

"We're going to a party! Get dressed! Rian is coming to get us in twenty minutes. Didn't Alex tell you? He said he was going to invite you," Kara said as she went through her closet. When she came out she had a shirt and a pair of jeans. "Here."

I looked down at the clothes and frowned, Alex didn't tell me about a party. Scowling, I pulled my phone from my pocket. There were six missed calls; two from Alex and four from my mother. "I'm gonna go call Alex," I told Kara before slipping out of her room and going down the hall to the bathroom.

Leaning against the door, I dialed Alex's number and waited for him to answer. "Hey baby! I was wondering when you were going to call me back," Alex said cheerfully and I frowned.

"Oh," I said dully.

"What's the matter?" Alex asked worriedly and I scowled, I hated how he could tell I was upset without even being around me.

"Nothing; why did you call earlier?" I inquired. On the other side of the line, I heard Alex sigh.

"Leah, I thought we talked about this? If there is something wrong then I want you to tell me," he said and I bit down on my lip to keep from snapping at him.

After taking a deep breath I felt a bit calmer. "Alex, if I say nothing is wrong then nothing is wrong. Kara said you were gonna call me about a party; what party?" I questioned.

"Oh, this party we got invited to play at! It's gonna be great," Alex gushed and I listened to him ramble on for a couple minutes. "So do you want to come?"

"I don't really have a choice, I'm at Kara's," I told Alex.

A long silence stretched on between us and I tugged at my hair as I waited for him to say something. "That's cool; I'm gonna go. I'll see you soon," Alex said before hanging up. Once I put my phone back into my pocket, I walked back to Kara's room.