Chapter 4

As Remington helped Ethy climb down the garage wall, he was watching the way she concentrated, not in a creepy way, but in admiration.
Rem's POV
"It's okay, one more step down, then you're there." I encouraged her.
When she turned to face me, her shiny blue eyes shone into my painful brown ones. (Palaye reference hehe)
I was feeling a lot of hurt lately. I didn't want to tell Eth, we barely knew one another. I just felt... happy around her. Unlike the last girl I was properly around. But, that doesn't matter, right now. We have to get the hell away from here.
"Something up?" Ethy asked me. I only had realised I was continuing to stare into her eyes.
"No. Nothing." I abruptly answered, in a tone I hadn't meant. Her expression morphed into slight hurt.
"Damn, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you sweetheart." The words came out of my mouth without my brain's consent.
"Okay. Okay, I understand Rem." She said, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. There was another tinge of red around her cheeks. I felt bad. I just accidentally got angry at her when I'm only angry at someone else.
"Cmon, let's go." She said, picking up a swift stride down the street.
"Seb's house is this way Eth!" I shouted, going the opposite direction to her.
"How was I supposed to know?!" She shouted at me.
"Sorry, but I'm the one giving you a place!!" I angrily yelled back.
She stopped walking half way towards me and just stared at her feet.
"Sorry." She whispered.
"Don't be. It's something that happened that's stressing me sweetheart." I said without thinking. Why do I keep calling her sweetheart? I know she's pretty, but it's not the right time to flirt.
"Okay, I'm sorry about that." She said again, walking over to me.
"I'll call a taxi to pick us up." I said, bringing out my phone to call the taxi car.
Within 5 minutes, the ride had arrived. I opened the door for Ethy and she clambered in, I sat next to her. The car was rather small, so we were quite close. I didn't feel nervous at all, but I still blushed. Apart from when I caught her earlier when we escaped, which lasted not that long, it was very new to be this close, next to this girl. I saw more features on her face, how she had a few little freckles on her cheeks, how her eyelashes were long and thick. Her eyebrows were perfectly arched and her earring studs shone against the light.
She was very stunning.
-
Sorry if this is short. Just a bit tired from tap dance class. Anyyyywhoooo, idk what will happen next so yee.
-
Photo at top of page not mine, not sure who took it. No copyright infringement intended!