Chapter 5

Initiating Code: Blue
Analogizing Data Base: Sonic
Analogizing Data Base: Echo
Initiating cloning Sequence

0%

67%

Fatal Error
Cloning Sequence Failed total casualties: 1

Commencing Sequence: Ruby

78%

100%

You stood there in silence as your body collapsed. He stood in front of you holding the girl as tears rolled down her cheeks. It was blurry but the blue hedgehog stood in front of you.

Something was off. How did this scenario became to be. You tried as hard as you could but nothing made sense. You held your brain to try and figure out what was going on but it seems that you couldn't remember a thing.

But you did remember he'd kill her if they got closer.

*****
"Infinite Im tired of these games!" Sonic spatted our angrily. "What have you done to Gabriel he isn't himself anymore!" You heard him yell out to the jackal. You were picked up softly and he made sure you had your balance before letting you go. "Hey it's okay keep it together (Y/N) he's not ganna hurt you."

You grew chills on your spine as you heard him laugh, the girl Echo, struggling before she was placed in front of him. You saw that he placed his claws on her neck the aura of his sinister grin pierced through you. "Allow me to show you once more why I am so feared hedgehog...less you forget once more and it'll be your blood on the line."

Your eyes went wide as you grabbed Sonics arm and pulled him back. But what both of you saw was a sight you wished to forget.

Echo struggled to free herself before the sudden change in her face when she realized her death was close. Her eyes turned into slits as her own blood spilled onto the floor. She tried to breath but all that came out of her was crimson blood. She was let go, frantically she tried to hold her throat to stop the bleeding.

"No! Echo!" Sonic yelled out as you held him back. Before he could do anything he was pushed away. He hit his head on something causing him to be in a dazed state. He pulled himself together and realized he was close to Echo, who tried to still be conscious. "Echo..don't worry I'll get help."

"Not so fast you blue rat." He heard Infinite say. He looked over only to see that you were being held by the throat. Sonic froze realizing Infinite was playing a game. He had him cornered and he knew no matter what he'd chose, someone was going to die. "So What will it be blue rat." Infinite cackled as he knew exactly what Sonic was thinking, "save the rose of this corporation who's near death or...save your friend who will shortly live." He grinned, his hand slowly getting tighter and tighter around your neck.

You tried to tell Sonic, you begged that he heard your thoughts. You wanted to live but the cost of Echos life was valuable as well. The resistance needed her to be alive so she could shut off the corporations power source. You felt tears run down your cheeks as your mind slowly began to drift into darkness. That is until you were let go, you brace for impact before you felt someone hold you close. You heard his voice telling you it's alright, that he's got you and he wouldn't let him get to you no more.

You're heart raced as your emotions took over. You wept in his arms as he assured you it would be okay. You cried and cried before hearing him laugh again.

The illusion was now off and your mind was now clear.
******
You looked at Infinite as he stood there beside Echo who covered her mouth as she couldn't contain her tears. You looked up at Sonic as he had the sheer horror in his eyes as he realized his mistakes. You stood there petrified as you understood that he was playing a mind game, an illusion, to show who Sonic would save. Why would he do this? What was his purpose in all of this?