Chapter 1

The world as people had gotten used to, once again changed. It was straight out of comic books, people all of a sudden began to grow powers within them. There were fights of epic proportions, political struggles, scientific anomalies, and all sorts of trouble. With the world in chaos, a new profession was spawned. Heroes, heroes with the singular purpose to make the world better and save those who can't save themselves. Yet even with this beautiful ideal, people would still try to find ways to pervert it. The world still spins, and two kids can still have anger they don't know what to do with. Take this street fight for example.

Rene held his fists up, squaring to the boy in front of him. They agreed on no quirks, but he could see this kid's veins flickering on him. At least neither of them had any flashy quirks. This guy had a problem with everything about Rene. His scales, his human skin, red slitted eyes, but of course most of all his past.

The boy, named Adrien, using his quirk to create metal slabs on his knuckles led in with a jab. Rene shifted to the left, used one hand to push the jab away and then deliver a quick blow to his face. Still, he recovered fast and threw a barrage of blows. Rene took them, on purpose. He could take a lot of damage, which made it easier to get into his opponent's head. Using Dragon Eyes, he made the blows look more lethal. Adrien then loosened up with the punches, thinking he didn't need to use much force.

Finally, for a second, Adrien stopped to breathe. Rene got down and swiftly kicked him off his feet. The wind got knocked out of his chest, so Rene quickly got on top of him and then he started his own barrage of punches. These were not fakes though, he wanted to knock him out completely. Some people had lasers, fire breath, etc. Rene just had his fists and head, which were his own deadly weapons. Also, if he wanted, claws. This wasn't a death battle though.

One last hit to the face, Adrien tapped the ground. That was the sign at this school to just stop. Of course, he could've continued, but any more injuries he'd actually have to go to the hospital. That wouldn't look good to the school or any potential schools. Rene got up, letting go of the adrenaline he was on. Still, after all that, they were still kids. They just wanted to solve an argument, the argument being whether or not Rene was a wuss. Everyone knew the answer to that now.

Rene held a hand out to the Adrien, which he just swatted away. Getting up, he wiped the blood off his face and walked away to his friends. They had some water for him and after helping him cleaned up a little, they left. Rene didn't have people with him, but he was starting to get comfortable with that. He put on his red leather biker jacket, classic design. The back had a dragon painted on it, a callback to the nickname his mother gave him. 

Using his comb, Rene fixed his hair a bit as he took off into the city. His parents always told him that he should take pride in his appearance. He had a mutation, his body was covered in green scales from his feet to the top of his mouth. He also had sharp teeth and a long tongue that made him hesitant to eat in front of people. Still, he heeded his parents' words and walked on tall. A big part of what he would call his outward identity was the pompadour. With his jet black hair, the gel made it shine in the sun.

Honestly, he felt like a badass. To Adrien and admittedly many others, Rene looked like a dork. Still, Rene felt anyone could have any style, but to pull it off they need to have confidence. They need to breathe, enjoy, and love their style. He hoped his parents were happy he could be this confident, he hoped they were doing ok where they were too.

Rene hoped nobody saw that fight, he could get into a lot of trouble. He grabbed his backpack and pull out what got him in trouble, to begin with. It was an action figure he just bought, an All Might figure. He got it by trading a Hawks figurine, it was still in the box. Sure the trade was one-sided, but he had other Hawks figures and he really liked the details on this All Might one.