Chapter 14

Aiden's POV

Confused was only one of the many things Aiden could categorize of his feelings. He couldn't understand why she'd run away from him, why she wasn't returning his calls, or why there was a tall 20 something guy  in her room. When he could finally tear his eyes away from Blondy who was griming him from the corner, Stella's appearance scared him to say the least. She didn't look bad, necessarily, just tired. Very very tired. 

"Stella you look terrible." Aiden said after looking her up and down about three times. Her eyes drooping into the bags that were formed under them. Not to mention the dark circles. Her skin was blotchy with deep red spots and the skin that wasn't red was almost transparent. It was obvious she still hadn't eaten.

He would have made her aware of all of these facts right then and there if her face hadn't twisted into an unmistakable form of hurt. The tears came easier than usual making it obvious that she was crying earlier. The tear lines on her face and wet makeup on her pillows were a pretty good tip off too. 

She stepped backward and dropped to the ground hard, crossing her legs and burying her head in her hands. Blondy sprouted from his corner and to her side faster than he could, he stepped back and gazed down at the horrific sight. Stella hurt and broken in another man's arms. Perfect. 

"You wanna tell me who this is, Stel?" Aiden was beyond ticked now. 

Stella hiccuped and just cried harder. "I tried..and i put on...and he just. I told you!" She turned swiftly, her forehead connecting with his shoulder solidly. He enveloped her in embrace and Aiden felt the heat just rising. 

The boy looked up at Aiden, he looked angry a familiar tent in his face and a very familiar look in his really blue eyes. "Is that really what you came here to say to her. She's been crying sense she got home last night and you don't even care?"

"Yeah, well she wont talk to me, so maybe you will." Aiden watched as Stella hung on tight as she heard those words. He shook his head trying to forget the image. "Who are you and why won't she speak to me?"

The guy leaned down to Stella's ear and whispered something before kissing her forehead and letting go of her. She got up and scampered off to the bathroom without a word or so much of a glance Aiden's way. Aiden watched her go and stared long after the door slammed shut. 

"Alright listen here," the guy had turned all business as soon as he was done staring back at the bathroom door as well. "I come home from upstate expecting my happy loving sister and I got just the opposite. I didn't get the whole story but your name, Aiden is it, was caught in the middle and I don't like it. Care to explain?"

Brother? Stella hadn't told him about a brother. That would explain the eyes and the hair and the face and the eyes. And all the crying...well not all the crying. He was relieved to say the least. He raked a hand through his hair and sighed. "I don't know. I don't know anything, she won't talk to me. She ran away from me last night saying things like 'I don't have to wonder anymore' and 'you'll be mad if I tell you'."

He didn't know what he was doing confiding in this guy he'd just met but him and Stella were related and hopefully cut from the same cloth. As he shook her head though, Aiden began to lose faith. "I dont know. I just got here last night but she's pretty..shaken up; so I'm guessing space would be nice." 

"Yeah." Aiden said sarcastically. "Space." 

Caleb, Aiden decided his name was, rose to his feet. He was as much taller than him as Keith. He slapped a hand over Aiden's shoulder and gazed at the bathroom door again. "I've got her for the day anyway, but i don't think your comments helped you much after she practically screwed over herself trying to get ready when she saw you pull up."