Eyes on Me

A/N : This chapter is dedicated to ZarySun. Thank you for my cover. And to rocks18. Here is my promise to you. And to Vita. Who loved this story since Day1.

*

Her doctor advised her sister and her brother-in-law that anytime in two years, her heart will soon give up. While she was calm about it, her sister had a breakdown again. Good thing Caesar was with them on that day.

Later that afternoon, she heard the conversation of Caesar and Darren.

How she needs immediate treatment.

And she being a distraction to the supposed-to-be leader of the clan.

*

Dylan has been a good friend to her. He would force her to get up early to walk around their perimeters. And he would bring her to dine out twice a week. He told her he was doing this in consideration of her sister's married life. That she has to give way so that Jiaqi could fully attend to Caesar.

She tolerates every nuisance of Dylan. How he loves to bicker with her just for the sake of it. How he loves to play rap music which is very inappropriate with his status. How he behaves like a child sometimes, considering he's almost 100 years old. He told her how half of their lives they spent in disguising as soldiers. Because that time, records were not relevant. How there were few humans who knew about them. She remembered the pastor. He was aware of their true nature.

But more than anything, she appreciates how he attends to her.

Sometimes, even in silence, there is comfort. They would sit on a park bench just to watch the night sky.

She used to sleep at 8PM but when she's with him, she could survive till 10.

They have many similarities as well as differences.

He is opinionated. But respectful. She tends to hide her feelings. Because she doesn't want to offend or to make others worry. He corrected her on this. That sometimes you have to be honest with what you feel. And that you cannot expect other people to be considerate to you because they will not know how you feel unless you express it yourself.

He loves to hear her sing. That most weekend afternoons were just spent her singing to him and then he would fall asleep.

She loves the view in his balcony. It was facing the mountain and the sea. She once told him that if he would be generous to her, she wanted his room because it has the perfect view.

The greenery of the forest and the unending blue of the sea is like a sweet medicine to her aching heart.

Sometimes she even cries without a reason. Which really upsets Dylan. He doesn't like it when she cries. He already told her how ugly she is when she cries.

When the leaves started to turned yellow, she became excited. Dylan promised her he will fly her to the forest.

*

It was Saturday and they were leaving in two days. She was aware that Caesar already told Dylan about their trip. She hasn't seen him within the whole week. They said he's loaded with work that he rather stayed in his office.

She was packing her suitcase when she heard a knock.

She was surprised to see him outside her door.

"Would you like to fly with me now?"

*

They were both silent while he was driving. She could feel the melancholy in the air.