Dylan and Yue

Pastor's POV

I am very glad when I was informed to officiate the wedding of Dylan and the girl in the lavender dress. Finally, after decades of singlehood, his heart finally found its rest.

This simple beach wedding is breathtaking. With the setting sun as its background, the solemnity of this celebration could be felt.

I heard that Dylan has held his ground against his clan just for this marriage to be possible. He was really something. He must had loved the girl so much that he has to fight for them to be together.

Dylan would always have my respect.

Speaking of which, he was very handsome today even though he looked tensed. I could feel how nervous he was.

I smiled as my gaze reached the entrance. Here comes his beautiful bride.

Caesar's POV

My son is wiggling his way out of my arms as he tries to reach his mother but my wife is in the middle of her waterworks. I have to thank Sun Qian later for her beautiful make-up.

Hmm, she ran out of tissue. I pulled out my handkerchief and handed it to her. While I understand why she is crying, I am also somehow relieved that Yue and Dylan will now be together.

A small smile crept from my lips.

Dylan's spirit has never backed down ever since. And we all admire him for his never-say-die attitude. He's really a force to reckon with when he put his mind into something.

The stakes were high but he persisted.

Somehow I understand him.

For him, no one else comes close to Yue.

Jiaqi's POV

My son pulled my hair. Only then did I noticed that he wanted me to get him from his Papa.

He laced his small arms around my neck as I lift him off from his Papa.

Embracing my son, I sent a silent prayer to our parents.

Mom, Dad, look how beautiful our baby has become. She's a vision in her simple white dress.

Her eyes were so alive. And her lips so inviting in her red lipstick.

Funny how we didn't see it back then. The way Dylan had always looked at Yue whenever they were together. How his eyes go soft and his smile, shy. How red his ears were sometimes when Yue holds his hand.

He had loved her first.

But Yue, in her innocence, had tried to fight off her feelings because of her condition.

But she was his happiness.

And she couldn't refuse him.

I sniffed. When we were young, I used to tell her that her prince will come to save her. That her Raven will come to fly her over the clouds and closer to the sun. How love will anchor her back to life.

My tears go fresh again.

Please, heavens, let Dylan save Yue.

Yue's POV

"I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, to uphold you for all times, to stay with you for all eternity and to love you not only for today but for all the lifetimes we will share."

He was shaking as he slid my wedding ring onto my right ring finger.

I feel so loved and happy. I smiled at him.

His eyes had always been expressive. That even when he was lost of words, I could still see his thoughts thru his eyes.

And just now, as he looked at me, all I could see was volume and volume and volume of love and promise.

I love him. That I will be strong even in the face of death. I will love him until I will be no more.

And I will always believe in him.

From this day forward, I will live my remaining days with him.

I smiled as I gently held his hand and positioned his wedding ring. It's now my turn to deliver my wedding vows.

Dylan's POV

"From this day forward, you will never be alone. I will be with you. I will laugh with you and cry with you; care for you and share with you. I will get to run with you and walk with you; build with you and live with you. I will have you the person I spend the rest of my life with. I will be here for you and support you.

I will love you in all our days, till death do us part."

She slid my wedding ring onto my finger.

I am so happy.

She has always been sincere and true. Honest and brave even though she was really scared.

From this day forward, there will be no more me or her. There will only be us. There will only be we.

"I love you," she shyly said.

My heart hurts already as it never stopped hammering my ribcage.

I couldn't wait to kiss her but the pastor wont like it if I'll lose it now. The ceremony is not yet done.

*

"I now pronounce you, man and wife. Dylan, you may now kiss your wife."

Cheers and happy applause erupted from our families, guests and witnesses.

Holding her gently, I brought her closer to me, with my arms supporting her around her waist. In my haste as I dipped my head to meet her halfway, my lips fell onto her nose (our height difference is not cute sometimes). I heard her gasped. Then she tilted her head that our lips have met and the kiss went deeper.

Oxygen ran out and we had to breathe. Loud cheers erupted again.

Facing the crowd and waving at them, we were both smiling.

I am so happy. She was now mine.

I've never felt so complete. 

Only now. 

Because of her.